The Student Room Group

Wrote about transect sampling instead of random sampling GCSE biology aqa paper 2

Ok, so I'm an absolute idiot who wrote about the wrong practical in the GCSE biology paper 2 exam and talked about transect sampling instead of random sampling after misreading the question and only realising at the end when I didn't have time to change it. Obviously I am freaking out because that was an easy 6 marks so would I automatically get 0 for writing about the wrong thing or would I manage to scrape a mark for saying things like counting all of the earthworms inside the quadrant?? as this interlinks between the two practicals?
Reply 1
Original post by Caitlinnn.
Ok, so I'm an absolute idiot who wrote about the wrong practical in the GCSE biology paper 2 exam and talked about transect sampling instead of random sampling after misreading the question and only realising at the end when I didn't have time to change it. Obviously I am freaking out because that was an easy 6 marks so would I automatically get 0 for writing about the wrong thing or would I manage to scrape a mark for saying things like counting all of the earthworms inside the quadrant?? as this interlinks between the two practicals?

you will probably get 3 marks if u talked about the quadrat and the chemical X to summon the worms

is this combined or triple

no that's correct, i wrote about both. random sampling is just before you work out the organisms in the quadrat, and if you look at the adv info the practical you mentioned is the one listed. transect sampling is 'preparation' i cant really explain it, but you should be fine.
(edited 1 year ago)
triple
Original post by jamest0394q
is this combined or triple
Original post by dahlia06
no that's correct, i wrote about both. random sampling is just before you work out the organisms in the quadrat, and if you look at the adv info the practical you mentioned is the one listed. transect sampling is 'preparation' i cant really explain it, but you should be fine.

Okay thank you!! That's a lot more comforting to know

Quick Reply

Latest