The Student Room Group

Do universities consider AS levels? (medicine)

So I just finished my exams for year 12 and I’m worried if the grades I get will impact my chances on getting invited to an interview. Or do they only look at my personal statement?
Reply 1
Original post by BigJimbo
So I just finished my exams for year 12 and I’m worried if the grades I get will impact my chances on getting invited to an interview. Or do they only look at my personal statement?

Most med schools will look at predicted grades, and presumably your Yr 12 exams influence these?
Almost nowhere considers AS levels, as most do not sit them. Are you exams certified AS levels?
Most also do not use PS as part of shortlisting
The head teachers for each subject made the papers so no. I think the school just uses them as predicted grades to see where we are at.
Original post by GANFYD
Most med schools will look at predicted grades, and presumably your Yr 12 exams influence these?
Almost nowhere considers AS levels, as most do not sit them. Are you exams certified AS levels?
Most also do not use PS as part of shortlisting
Reply 3
The head teachers for each subject made the papers so no. I think the school just uses them as predicted grades to see where we are at.

Then no med schools will be interested in them, but just in the predicted grades that presumably your school will use them to decide
Original post by GANFYD
Then no med schools will be interested in them, but just in the predicted grades that presumably your school will use them to decide

yeah I kept thinking that if my grades don't meet the entry requirements right now then I get rejected immediately
Reply 5
So those aren't AS papers, since your school wrote them, but those exams will determine your predicted grades (not directly; schools are usually somewhat flexible) and then the unis will see your predicted grades. It is definitely important that you get the required grades due to the competition for places. If you don't get the predicted grades needed, then you will have to apply after getting your results for the following UCAS cycle.
(edited 1 year ago)
I got my results back which are AAA but they could either increase or stay the same
I got my results back which are AAA but they could either increase or stay the same

Ok

Th above points still count

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending