The Student Room Group

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by studentinuk22
I am massively stressing over my AS predicted grades. I am stressing because in my mock exams, I have done terribly (D) because I never thought it was important. But I have recently learned that this goes towards my predicted grades in which universities will look at.
I am stressing because I don't want the uni's I want to go to, to not give me offers because my predicted grades were not good. When in reality, I have drastically exceeded my predicted grades and think I have done very well in my legit exams.

So, my question is, Are predicted grades really important when applying for uni's and if so, can I apply for the same uni again after I get my actual grades?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading the replies.

Have you taken external AS exams? I'm not quite clear what you are saying.
Yes, sorry, what I am trying to say is I have not done well in my mock exams which will go towards my predicted grades.
However, I think I have done really well in my actual exams.
And i'm worries I might not get into a university if my predicted grades are low

If you've sat real AS exams they will be on your UCAS and your predictions will reflect those results not internal school exams.
I appreciate this, Thankyou.
But will uni's still look at the predicted grades before I get my real results?

How can they? When will you get your results? You won't be putting in your UCAS application until after that will you?

They can't give you D grade predicitons if you get far better grades in your 'real' exams. Normally predictions would be the same as AS grades or possibly higher.
normally you apply with predicted grades because most people only do a level exams not as. Your real as level results will arrive before you have to send the application off to ucas so you'll be applying with the grades from your actual as exams
I get my AS grade results on August 18th but I thought you had to apply using your predicted grades or am I mistaken?

You will put these real grades on your UCAs and, yes, your teachers will put A level predictions. They can't put Ds as your predictions if your do much beteer than that in yoru AS exams; it'll look very odd.

Have you actually been told your predicted grades already? It seems a bit premature if you've sat 'real' As exams.
No, I haven't been told my predicted grades yet but I have not shown my best work in the mock exams which leads me to believe that will go towards my predicted grades meaning they will be a lot worse than my 'real' exam grades

They won't be - the school would look stupid. [I am a teacher btw and when our A levels were modular, predictions were never lower that the AS grade]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending