The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Living costs in Bristol

I will hopefully start at university of Bristol in September and was just wondering how much I can expect my weekly expenses to be on average excluding rent, so food, social, laundry etc. I am looking for somewhere in the city centre.

Any help much appreciated!
(Original post by Leo J)I will hopefully start at university of Bristol in September and was just wondering how much I can expect my weekly expenses to be on average excluding rent, so food, social, laundry etc. I am looking for somewhere in the city centre.

Hello , I am not sure about your budget. So i will just tell you my experience.

I studied at Bristol University for 4 years. I lived at the iQ private student accommodation , which is the heart of city centre. Around £250 per week including bills, you have all the facilities there included. If £250/week is a bit high, I know people like to rent a house together sharing the rent , which can be much cheaper to around £600 - 800 per month . You can check out the properties at Park street or Queens road .

For food , if you wanna save money then cook your own. But i always go to the chinese restaurant for lunch and dinner bc they offer student discount meal , around £8 you get a main and a drink . For your social life , you know how to manage the cost there. ^^ all the best
(edited 1 year ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by AndrewLearning
(Original post by Leo J)I will hopefully start at university of Bristol in September and was just wondering how much I can expect my weekly expenses to be on average excluding rent, so food, social, laundry etc. I am looking for somewhere in the city centre.

Hello , I am not sure about your budget. So i will just tell you my experience.

I studied at Bristol University for 4 years. I lived at the iQ private student accommodation , which is the heart of city centre. Around £250 per week including bills, you have all the facilities there included. If £250/week is a bit high, I know people like to rent a house together sharing the rent , which can be much cheaper to around £600 - 800 per month . You can check out the properties at Park street or Queens road .

For food , if you wanna save money then cook your own. But i always go to the chinese restaurant for lunch and dinner bc they offer student discount meal , around £8 you get a main and a drink . For your social life , you know how to manage the cost there. ^^ all the best

Thank you! Has helped a lot
Reply 3
Do you think that excluding bills I can live off of £60 per week in the city centre?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Leo J
Do you think that excluding bills I can live off of £60 per week in the city centre?

What do you mean by excluding bills ? If you are talking about rent , then it's impossible . If you are talking about electricity bills water bills etc ... then yes . £60/week for food and transport is doable if you choose to cook and walk . However i will say it is quite tight because you always want to spend some money on your social life and some extra stuff e.g. occasionally watch a movie in cineworld etc ... I would recommend £100/week or at least £80/week. On the other hand , you could work part-time to earn some extra money. All the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending