The Student Room Group

Help me choose a uni!!

I got offers for both Politics(and International Relations) and Law LLB from several schools and I don't know which to accept.
I've got a politics and international relations BSc offer from Bristol, and LLB offers from Liverpool, York and Newcastle. Obviously Bristol is the prestigious one but I'm slightly concerned about the employability of a politics degree. I'm an international student, so cost of tutition, living, and visas are other concerns as well.
which university has people who will help you gain employment?
Reply 2
Don't base your choice on prestige. Which course has content that excites you the most? Which location can you see yourself living in for 3+ years? Do any of those courses provide any financial assistance?

Don't make a choice on potential employability that's years away - regardless of which degree you do, so long as you make the most of your time there and focus on building your skills, then you should stand a good chance of getting a job at the end.

Best of luck!
Original post by frstyy
I got offers for both Politics(and International Relations) and Law LLB from several schools and I don't know which to accept.
I've got a politics and international relations BSc offer from Bristol, and LLB offers from Liverpool, York and Newcastle. Obviously Bristol is the prestigious one but I'm slightly concerned about the employability of a politics degree. I'm an international student, so cost of tutition, living, and visas are other concerns as well.

Hi!

Congratulations on all your offers! York is the only Law School in the UK to use Problem Based Learning (PBL). This is a unique teaching method, so I'd suggest you look at the information on our website about this to see if this is something that interests you.

We have the Baroness Hale Legal Clinic which gives our students practice of working in real-life scenarios, which will be super helpful for work experience/employability. York also has great modern facilities for Law including a mock court room!

We have this helpful webpage with cost of living estimates and top tips.

York is a really friendly and safe city with lots going on! I am a recent York graduate, so if you have any questions about what it's like to live and study here, just drop me a message! I work in the International Team at York, so let me know if you have any other questions about visas etc.

Hazel :smile:
Original post by frstyy

Hi there,

Let me know if you want to know more about Liverpool! In terms of cost of living, it is one of the most affordable cities to live in which is a great bonus :smile:

Malachyu - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending