The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni of Greenwich/Bath/Bristol

I got an offer letter in Greenwich university for Management in Business Information Technology, MSc. I want to know all the pros and cons studying here.

I also applied to Bath and Bristol University. reviews about those two are also appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I got an offer letter in Greenwich university for Management in Business Information Technology, MSc. I want to know all the pros and cons studying here.

I also applied to Bath and Bristol University. reviews about those two are also appreciated.

In my opinion, the University of Bath would be a better option for you. Nevertheless, I will discuss the pros and cons of that as a way to make myself more justifiable.

Pros:

Academic Reputation: The University of Bath is highly regarded for its academic excellence and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the UK. It is known for its strong focus on research and teaching quality.

Strong Faculty: The university boasts a diverse and experienced faculty comprising experts in various fields. They are often leaders in their respective disciplines and can provide valuable guidance and mentorship to students.

Research Opportunities: Bath is a research-intensive university, offering numerous opportunities for students to engage in cutting-edge research across various fields. This can be particularly beneficial for those interested in pursuing postgraduate studies or a career in academia.

Industry Connections: The university has strong links with industry, which can provide students with valuable networking opportunities, internships, and potential job placements. Bath's location, close to the city of Bristol, also offers proximity to a thriving technology and business hub.

Campus and Facilities: The University of Bath has a beautiful, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped libraries, laboratories, sports facilities, and accommodation options. The campus offers a vibrant and inclusive atmosphere for students.

Cons:

Location: While the university's location near Bristol offers advantages in terms of industry connections, it may be considered a drawback for those seeking a more urban or cosmopolitan experience. Bath is a relatively small city, and some students may prefer a larger and more diverse metropolitan environment.

Cost of Living: Bath is known for being an expensive city to live in, with higher accommodation and living costs compared to some other areas in the UK. Students should carefully consider their budget and explore options for financial support.

Workload and Intensity: Like many top universities, the University of Bath is known for its rigorous academic programs. Students can expect a demanding workload and high expectations, which may require strong time management and dedication to succeed.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!

I would recommend the University of Bath - Bath is ranked Top 100 in the world and top 10 in the UK for Management in the QS Business Masters rankings 2023. I personally study an MA, but I have found the postgraduate experience to be excellent at Bath. There is a lot of support, both on the courses, with academic staff, as well as more general support from the University itself. I moved from a different university, where I did my undergrad, but have found Bath to be a very welcoming environment. There are lots of societies you can get involved with, and it's a really nice city to live in.
In terms of management specifically, 90% of the 2021 management graduates were working or had accepted a job offer within three months of completing their degree, so the career prospects are good!

Hope this helps :smile:

Maya

Quick Reply

Latest