The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to get into medicine and hopefully eventually become a doctor

My grades are :

Maths 7
Combined science 7-7
English language 6
English literature 5
History 5
Geography 4

French 3
Comp sci 3

It’s the beginning of year 12 and I’m feeling very ambitious compared to the end of year 11. I feel like If I get a*/a , high UCAT and good personal statement I have a chance of making it into a medical school with low entry requirements for GCSE.My personal statement will most likely have good references and I’m applying to be a lifeguard at a leisure centre.My CV will be good because I am doing lots of extracurricular activities and have made a lot of connections. I feel like other students may outcompete me because of their GCSE grades.

Feeling a bit behind compared to others.

I need direction.

. Guide to sixth form, advice how it’s different to GCSEs how to create balance, I
was told revise each subject 5 hours a week and my teachers are very good though.

Heeeeeellp 😭
I have so much on my mind.
Just apply to medical schools that don't score GCSEs - many don't and just have minimum requirements, like Imperial (which just requires a 6 or above in English language). Problem solved.
Reply 2
What other unis
Original post by Driven97
What other unis

all unis have their gcse requirements online - they vary slightly each year, so make sure you check 2024 entry specifically when you apply if you’re only in year 12 now.
Original post by Driven97
My grades are :

Maths 7
Combined science 7-7
English language 6
English literature 5
History 5
Geography 4

French 3
Comp sci 3

It’s the beginning of year 12 and I’m feeling very ambitious compared to the end of year 11. I feel like If I get a*/a , high UCAT and good personal statement I have a chance of making it into a medical school with low entry requirements for GCSE.My personal statement will most likely have good references and I’m applying to be a lifeguard at a leisure centre.My CV will be good because I am doing lots of extracurricular activities and have made a lot of connections. I feel like other students may outcompete me because of their GCSE grades.

Feeling a bit behind compared to others.

I need direction.

. Guide to sixth form, advice how it’s different to GCSEs how to create balance, I
was told revise each subject 5 hours a week and my teachers are very good though.

Heeeeeellp 😭
I have so much on my mind.

what predicted did you end up getting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending