The Student Room Group

UCAS Midwifery 2023

Hi I am just wondering if anyone who is applying for the Midwifery degree September 2023 has sent there UCAS application off yet? I am just debating when the best time will be for sending mine. I am thinking about sending it when I've been to the open day event on the 1st October after I've spoken to the Midwife's.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicky1310
Hi I am just wondering if anyone who is applying for the Midwifery degree September 2023 has sent there UCAS application off yet? I am just debating when the best time will be for sending mine. I am thinking about sending it when I've been to the open day event on the 1st October after I've spoken to the Midwife's.

Maybe waiting until you been to the open day on 1st October as this way you'll have more information about midwifing and then you can decide what to do next as it doesn't make any difference sending your application in now or waiting for a few more weeks as you have until the deadline.

I'm sure you'll already know this below....
25 January 2023 (18:00 UK time): 2023 entry deadline for all UCAS Undergraduate and Conservatoires applications, except for those courses with a 15 October deadline
Are university applications open for 2023.

Applications for the 2023 academic year are now open. Applications for Faculty of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV will close on 30 June while applications for all the other programmes Wits offers closes on 30 September.
Reply 2

I'm Currently working on my midwifery personal statements, can you give me any pointers. Also why are you applying so early, you have until January at the latest.
Reply 3
Original post by nia333
I'm Currently working on my midwifery personal statements, can you give me any pointers. Also why are you applying so early, you have until January

Hi I am just one of them people who like to sort everything early. I hate leaving things till last minute. Plus January is only 3 months away so not that long. In my personal statement I talk about my personal experience and why I would make a great midwife, I also put in about the 6cs, and where I wanted to work after the 3 years. And remember just be yourself.
Original post by nia333
I'm Currently working on my midwifery personal statements, can you give me any pointers. Also why are you applying so early, you have until January at the latest.

Unfortunately all anybody else can suggest is examples of what they might have put into there personal statement as it's up the individual candidate to write there own information.

I think that Nicky1310 is absolutely right about doing her personal statement etc early as it gives you time to research about other things you might need for a interview.
I was exactly the same as her when I did my adult nursing applications and get rejected still every year for about 5 years on the trot until I eventually put down midwifing and got offered that over adult nursing which actually saved me going back to university to do the shortened top-up degree course.

I would say be yourself and do all your research and revision for any potential interview okay.

im also applying for 2023! Im still in the process of doing my personal statement and ill probably send mine off around late october
Original post by Chantal_
im also applying for 2023! Im still in the process of doing my personal statement and ill probably send mine off around late october

Good luck with your application Chantal xxx
Good luck with all of your applications :smile: Just remember that 25th January 2023 (at 6pm) is the equal consideration deadline - so you've got plenty of time to write your personal statements, get them checked and get your applications in.

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
If you feel you are a strong candidate I would recommend to get the application in early in the hope that you get an early interview.

Where places are at a premium (which tends to be the case for midwifery) some unis tend to offer some places early and once this quota is filled they hold everyone else back for the equal consideration deadline which means it maybe March/April/May before you hear back - the wait can awful!
Original post by ._.imaybehappy
Hey there! I've just finished the final draft of my personal statement and now I'm waiting on my school to give me the green light. Is anyone else applying to Hertfordshire, KCL, City Uni, Oxford Brooked or West London?
I feel stressed cause I'm applying to unis that are very competitive. Would love to stay in contact with someone going down the same route as me.

Could we make like a group chat or something?

Hey, I've also completed my personal statement I just need it proof read by a few ppl, I'm also applying to KCL (Nottingham, Leicester, york, cardiff) and feel you cos the unis I'm applying to are very competitive also! I can create a group chat what socials do u have?x
Hey, I've also completed my personal statement I just need it proof read by a few ppl, I'm also applying to KCL (Nottingham, Leicester, york, cardiff) and feel you cos the unis I'm applying to are very competitive also! I can create a group chat what socials do u have?x

Hiya, I'm new to the student room so I wasn't sure how this worked. I would absolutely love that! What's most convenient for you?
Hiya, I'm new to the student room so I wasn't sure how this worked. I would absolutely love that! What's most convenient for you?

im on most things so i don't mind! maybe Instagram?
hey guys, i’m a first year student midwife so did the application process not too long ago. just thought i’d jump on in case anyone had any questions!
Reply 13

Hi there! if you think you're sending yours late don't worry I'm sending mine tomorrow :smile: if you've already sent it good luck!
Reply 14
Original post by VanillaTwilight1
hey guys, i’m a first year student midwife so did the application process not too long ago. just thought i’d jump on in case anyone had any questions!

Hi I'm applying for universities in 2023, I'm struggling to choose between Cardiff/York and Leeds I need one of them as my final choice but I don't know which is best for universities and I'm also wondering which of the three are highly diverse
im on most things so i don't mind! maybe Instagram?

Yeah, that works. I'll send you a pm
(edited 1 year ago)
Yeah, that works. Mines, @dvpereira05

I wouldn't put any private details on here as should have sent the person a private message with it....!!
Original post by Tracey_W
I wouldn't put any private details on here as should have sent the person a private message with it....!!

Alright thanks
Alright thanks

Okay you welcome....
Reply 19
Hi everyone! Hoping someone might be able to help me. I’ve applied for midwifery at Bournemouth Uni for sept 2023 start.

I have revived this email message from them

We have carefully considered your application and we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for interview at this time. This course receives a large number of applications for a small number of places, so only applicants that meet all our shortlisting criteria are invited to interview at this stage.

However, we recognise the strength of your application and have therefore placed your application on our waiting list. We will contact you later in the year if a place becomes available, normally by the end of May.“

Anyone have experience with this, how likely is it that I will get a chance to get invited for interview? Is it only if others pull out or just until the first lot of interviews are done? It’s so frustrating, I know I just need to be patient and wait and see but if anyone has had similar or knows any extra info I would love to hear from you ☺️!

Holly xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending