The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Should I still apply to Manchester University Computer Science?

I have AA*A* predicted in Maths, Computer Science and English Combined. I did the Manchester Access Programme and also can have contextual offer which I think brings it down to A*BB but I’m not sure if this is correct (The Access Programme gives 2 grade reduction, not entirely sure about contextual). I think I have a decent ps.

I don’t have A* in maths and my teacher doesn’t want to bring it a grade up which is fair as I haven’t shown A* potential. I think I can achieve this - year 12 was full of a hell of a lot of family problems haha.

They mention they make aspirational offers if you miss by one grade.

Should I still apply?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Baldbinguseater
I have AA*A* predicted in Maths, Computer Science and English Combined. I did the Manchester Access Programme and also can have contextual offer which I think brings it down to A*BB but I’m not sure if this is correct (The Access Programme gives 2 grade reduction, not entirely sure about contextual). I think I have a decent ps.

I don’t have A* in maths and my teacher doesn’t want to bring it a grade up which is fair as I haven’t shown A* potential. I think I can achieve this - year 12 was full of a hell of a lot of family problems haha.

Should I still apply?

Yes it is a gamble and you might get rejected. Make sure your other choices are ones where you meet all the requirements in case of rejection.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Baldbinguseater

Should I still apply?

Just wanted to ask if you got the offer, because i’m currently doing MAP on the dentistry strand and wanted to know if Manchester are lenient during the admissions process with students who completed MAP :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending