The Student Room Group

2024 Entry University Offers Thread

Welcome! :hello:

Submitting an application to study at university in 2024? :K: how is it going?

Early applicant and have already received offers? what university have you applied for and what course?

Submitting your application soon? let us know when you plan to apply, what for, and where!

Can't wait to hear from you all :wizard2:

PS. You can find individual offer threads for universities here and university courses here!

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck to anyone applying for university or those who have already received their offers! :h: What's everyone wanting to study and where?!

- Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by CamembertPaws
Welcome! :hello:

Submitting an application to study at university in 2024? :K: how is it going?

Early applicant and have already received offers? what university have you applied for and what course?

Submitting your application soon? let us know when you plan to apply, what for, and where!

Can't wait to hear from you all :wizard2:

I am an international student, and I've applied to Nottingham Trent, Manchester, Kent, Winchester, and Chester. I've received conditional offers from all except Chester, who hasnt replied. I hope to go to Chester and major in forensic psychology. It's been nerve wracking waiting for offers, even though I'm probably over qualified for the unis I chose.
Original post by LeeJ9
I am an international student, and I've applied to Nottingham Trent, Manchester, Kent, Winchester, and Chester. I've received conditional offers from all except Chester, who hasnt replied. I hope to go to Chester and major in forensic psychology. It's been nerve wracking waiting for offers, even though I'm probably over qualified for the unis I chose.

Congratulations on your current offers, fingers crossed you hear from Chester soon! Where are you applying from?
Reply 4
Congratulations on your current offers, fingers crossed you hear from Chester soon! Where are you applying from?

Thanks, I'm from the USA.
Reply 5
I've applied to Northumbria, Edge Hill and Queen's University Belfast and got conditional offers back from both Northumbria courses and from Edge Hill. I expected Queen's to be back first but then I discovered they limit local candidates, so not expecting much.
Original post by Wis3Girl05
I've applied to Northumbria, Edge Hill and Queen's University Belfast and got conditional offers back from both Northumbria courses and from Edge Hill. I expected Queen's to be back first but then I discovered they limit local candidates, so not expecting much.

Congrats on your offers :smile:. What course will you be studying?
Reply 7
My son is applying to do a masters with a placement year in Civil Engineering. (Currently studying A level Maths, DT, Geography, predicted A*A*A) He’s received an offer from Plymouth also applied to Southampton, Bath, Swansea and Surrey.
Reply 8
Original post by normaw
Congrats on your offers :smile:. What course will you be studying?

Computer Science at Northumbria, and the rest are Software engineering, I'm hoping to do the Computer Science though.
I got an offer from university of Manchester for computer science (G400) yesterday :smile:
Reply 10
I've applied to York, Lancaster, Liverpool, Chester and Edge Hill for English Literature. I have receieved offers from York and Chester so far, but I'd like to go to Lancaster :smile:
Original post by may_g
I've applied to York, Lancaster, Liverpool, Chester and Edge Hill for English Literature. I have receieved offers from York and Chester so far, but I'd like to go to Lancaster :smile:

Original post by lheeseung_05
I got an offer from university of Manchester for computer science (G400) yesterday :smile:

Original post by Wis3Girl05
Computer Science at Northumbria, and the rest are Software engineering, I'm hoping to do the Computer Science though.

Well done everyone! Exciting times ahead, how are you preparing for University? :smile:
Original post by TayVizMum
My son is applying to do a masters with a placement year in Civil Engineering. (Currently studying A level Maths, DT, Geography, predicted A*A*A) He’s received an offer from Plymouth also applied to Southampton, Bath, Swansea and Surrey.

I know Plymouth well, have you visited with your son? How are you feeling about them going to university? :smile:
Reply 13
I am an international student and I have applied for biological sciences integrated masters in UCL, Manchester, Bristol, Sheffield and Newcastle on 18th October. Yet to get offer letters. Is it getting delayed because of integrated? I am straight A student.
Applied maths in Oxford imperial Warwick Durham and Edinburgh
Received a A*A*A offer from Warwick waiting for other 4…
Original post by Karvin22
Is it getting delayed because of integrated? I am straight A student.

No - you could receive offers next week or it might take some unis until April/May to send out all their offers. :smile:
I know Plymouth well, have you visited with your son? How are you feeling about them going to university? :smile:

We haven't looked around the university yet but my son has competed in a few diving competitions at the Plymouth Life centre so we have stayed in the city a number of times. We are deciding whether to attend the open day next month or wait for the offer holder day.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by normaw

No - you could receive offers next week or it might take some unis until April/May to send out all their offers. :smile:

Thank you
Original post by may_g

I've got an offer from York as well for English Literature. Have you received the 'Golden Ticket' from them?! I've also got the same offer from Cardiff.
Reply 19
Original post by vintagecarrie
I've got an offer from York as well for English Literature. Have you received the 'Golden Ticket' from them?! I've also got the same offer from Cardiff.

I don't think I have - I don't really know what that is. I'm happy with the offer though, just hoping I hear back from my other unis soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending