The Student Room Group

Liverpool Vet med 2023 entry

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone else on here who had a deferred offer for vet med at liverpool for the 2023 entry?
Maybe ask on the vet medicine threads for both 2022 and 2023, I’m sure there will be some people ok there :smile:
Original post by slothyhannah
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone else on here who had a deferred offer for vet med at liverpool for the 2023 entry?

Hi, I do! I was hoping to get in contact with people who also have a deferred place. Would you want to exchange socials sometime? No pressure of course.
Yes, my daughter has. She'd be happy to chat with others in the same position.
Not relevant but I'm a second year vet student at Liverpool if anyone has any questions :smile:
Original post by misoflome
Yes, my daughter has. She'd be happy to chat with others in the same position.

I would be happy to chat to your daughter too, is there any way I can contact her?
Original post by RambleAmple
Not relevant but I'm a second year vet student at Liverpool if anyone has any questions :smile:

Hi :smile: How much of a jump would you say first year is from A levels? Also do you think it's worth going over any A level content as a refresher before starting first year? Also any general tips for first year students? Thank you!
Original post by olivia.03
Hi :smile: How much of a jump would you say first year is from A levels? Also do you think it's worth going over any A level content as a refresher before starting first year? Also any general tips for first year students? Thank you!

Honestly for me I felt it was a very major jump, not so much with content difficulty as I'd say the majority is easy to understand if you put the time in to go through it, but there is just so so so much content that I felt I did more than the 2 years worth of A Level content in a single semester. I think going through relevant bits of biology won't hurt, as in ignore all plant stuff and focus on body systems like cardiovascular etc, it'll make it a little easier when you come to learn it. But I wouldn't stress, the first 6 weeks is about cell biology and then you do fortnights on the different body systems and it is designed so in theory you shouldn't have to have much/any prior knowledge as everyone on the course comes from different backgrounds, I didn't go through any of my A Level content before starting and I also took a gap year before I started first year. But I do sort of wish I had as it might've made some things easier. Chemistry I wouldn't bother with as it's been very minimal thus far and what has come up isn't hard to understand.

It might seem obvious but I think working out how you learn, best working routines etc is very important. I was quite stubborn trying to stick with my old methods from A Levels and then weeks later had to redo everything I did that method as it didn't go in. I'd trial a few different things in the first few weeks until you feel confident with a method, and different methods may work for different things - e.g. I'm very much a note taker, but did no notes and only labelled drawings/tables for the limbs. I also worked out that I only learn from lectures if I do notes before the lecture, otherwise it's pointless me coming in at all as I will get lost in the first 5 min and then waste that hour, so as lectures are not compulsory I stopped coming unless I had the time to do the pre notes. Not recommending that approach but everyone does really learn differently and figuring it out will make things so much easier.
^^This

As a Liverpool grad my experience was very similar. Personally I need to take notes to pay attention but the content without atleast reading over lectures previously comes at you at a rapid pace.
My step daughter has but she has been told she will find out in May whether that can be bought forward to this Sept. What have you heard? Thanks
Original post by olivia.03
Hi, I do! I was hoping to get in contact with people who also have a deferred place. Would you want to exchange socials sometime? No pressure of course.

Hey,

yeah definitely. Sorry I never actually read the updates on these haha
Reply 11
Hi, I would be up for getting a group chat together for us 2023 vets too if anyone else is?
I would love to!
Original post by Gt1
Hi, I would be up for getting a group chat together for us 2023 vets too if anyone else is?

Yes! I could make a Whatsapp although I'm not sure if I can post the link on here?
Reply 14
Original post by slothyhannah
Yes! I could make a Whatsapp although I'm not sure if I can post the link on here?

I’m in the process of making one if u haven’t yet. Message me if your starting in 2023
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 15
Original post by KJ2003
I’m in the process of making one if u haven’t yet. Message me if your starting in 2023

Im starting in 2023 too!
Hi there,

Well done on your offers to study at the University of Liverpool Let me know if you have any questions about the University or city then ask away :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending