The Student Room Group

SSE Graduate Scheme 2023

Hi applied to SSE last week, didn't see any threads for the coming graduate scheme so just creating this for discussion!

Scroll to see replies

What was your outcome? And have you taken any assessments
Original post by maxmagaji10
What was your outcome? And have you taken any assessments

I did took an assessment tbh it went shit. But, still waiting for a reply.

And I took assessment on 10th Oct
Sorry about that, do you know what type of assessments?

Original post by imnotgettingajob
I did took an assessment tbh it went shit. But, still waiting for a reply.

And I took assessment on 10th Oct
Did you get a response?
Did you get a response?

Yup got rejected
Reply 6
Just got invited to take the the video interview sse IT..anyone know what I can expect ?
Original post by Obed41
Just got invited to take the the video interview sse IT..anyone know what I can expect ?

Me too, just got my invite today for the Land and Consents - Transmission programme. Really thought I threw my chances away in the online tests as they were so much harder than I was expecting but over the moon to get a video interview. Since it's on-demand I assume it's through HireVue or similar, and will mainly just be about transferable skills and experiences, etc and how they relate to the role.
Has anyone heard back from the VI?
Original post by h.arrygb
Me too, just got my invite today for the Land and Consents - Transmission programme. Really thought I threw my chances away in the online tests as they were so much harder than I was expecting but over the moon to get a video interview. Since it's on-demand I assume it's through HireVue or similar, and will mainly just be about transferable skills and experiences, etc and how they relate to the role.

Hey how long after the test did you receive the invitation
Original post by Obed41
Reply 10
Finished my test on 4/11, got invited for VI 14/11.
10 days.
Hey how long after the test did you receive the invitation

It was about a week after I did my tests that I heard back, but I think it depends on the scheme you're applying to. Still yet to hear back from my VI which I did on the 20th Nov
Has anyone got the AC invitation for commercial yet? Did my VI on Nov 14th and have not heard back since :frown:
Just got an email from SSE saying that my application was no longer under consideration as I did not complete the VI before the deadline, which is odd because I did complete the VI… almost 2 weeks ago?

I’ve emailed to check to see if this is a mistake. I’m really confused and a little bit upset.

Edit: All sorted now, was a mistake on SHL's part :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey, got an AC invite, virtual for IT Graduate programme. They gave me a choice of dates in December and January. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 15
Original post by Bluefoxhop
Hey, got an AC invite, virtual for IT Graduate programme. They gave me a choice of dates in December and January. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hey congratulations, got thesame AC invite aswell (IT Graduate)!
Original post by Obed41
Hey congratulations, got thesame AC invite aswell (IT Graduate)!

Nice, did you choose a date?
Guys has anyone got an offer? Had my AC yesterday on Commercial graduate. Dunno when to expect a reply
Original post by wei.wu010
Guys has anyone got an offer? Had my AC yesterday on Commercial graduate. Dunno when to expect a reply

Could you give us a summary of what happened at the AC?
Reply 19
I had my Commercial AC on Monday, said to expect an outcome within a week but nothing yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest