The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Engineering physics

I’m thinking of applying for engineering physics at Loughborough uni but is the uni good for that subject and what’s the ranking for it ?
Also I was curious about the ratio of female to male for that course ?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m thinking of applying for engineering physics at Loughborough uni but is the uni good for that subject and what’s the ranking for it ?
Also I was curious about the ratio of female to male for that course ?

Hi there,

Great to hear you're thinking coming to Loughborough!

I don't study Engineering Physics but to find out more about the course I'd recommend taking a look at the course page. If you had any more course specific questions I would email [email protected] as they run the course and should be able to help you. You can also check out our student stories and see what our students who have studied Physics have to say about their time at Loughborough.

I've just finished my first year at Loughborough so I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life outside of lectures.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored since I've been here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends (we've made the most of the outside spaces in the hot weather!) as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

During the past exam season what I really appreciated about Loughborough was the variety of places to study both on and off campus so you're not just in your room all day. As well as the library (which is open 24/7 during exam season) there are plenty of places to sit and do work both inside and outside on campus and there are loads of cafes in town where it's nice to go and work and get away from campus for a bit.

I hope this gave you a bit of an insight into life at Loughborough and if you have any questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply! I was just wondering how I could find out about the percentage of boys/girls doing that course ?

Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,

Great to hear you're thinking coming to Loughborough!

I don't study Engineering Physics but to find out more about the course I'd recommend taking a look at the course page. If you had any more course specific questions I would email [email protected] as they run the course and should be able to help you. You can also check out our student stories and see what our students who have studied Physics have to say about their time at Loughborough.

I've just finished my first year at Loughborough so I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life outside of lectures.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored since I've been here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends (we've made the most of the outside spaces in the hot weather!) as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

During the past exam season what I really appreciated about Loughborough was the variety of places to study both on and off campus so you're not just in your room all day. As well as the library (which is open 24/7 during exam season) there are plenty of places to sit and do work both inside and outside on campus and there are loads of cafes in town where it's nice to go and work and get away from campus for a bit.

I hope this gave you a bit of an insight into life at Loughborough and if you have any questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Thank you for your reply! I was just wondering how I could find out about the percentage of boys/girls doing that course ?

Hi there,

I've just emailed admissions and they will be able to tell you the female to male ratio on our Engineering Physics course but they've asked if you can contact them at the beginning of September as they're busy dealing with 2023 admissions cycle at the moment but would love to help you as soon as they can! So if you email [email protected] in early September they will be able to help you!

If you have nay other questions just let me know :smile:

Jess
Reply 4
Thanks.
Another thing, I really want to study engineering physics at Loughborough uni but I’m kind of worried that i might not meet the entry requirement as I might miss one or two grades 😩
Do you think it would be worthI calling up the uni before the results day to let them know about my passion for that course and that I’ll definitely call them on the results day to request for an offer?

Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,

I've just emailed admissions and they will be able to tell you the female to male ratio on our Engineering Physics course but they've asked if you can contact them at the beginning of September as they're busy dealing with 2023 admissions cycle at the moment but would love to help you as soon as they can! So if you email [email protected] in early September they will be able to help you!

If you have nay other questions just let me know :smile:

Jess
Thanks.
Another thing, I really want to study engineering physics at Loughborough uni but I’m kind of worried that i might not meet the entry requirement as I might miss one or two grades 😩
Do you think it would be worthI calling up the uni before the results day to let them know about my passion for that course and that I’ll definitely call them on the results day to request for an offer?

Hi there,

I'd recommend taking a look at our FAQs page here for a little more information about what to do if you don't get the grades you need. I know it can be stressful waiting for results day (I was in the same position last year!) but I think the best thing you can do is prepare yourself so that if you do miss your entry requirements you know what to and also just try to relax as much as possible :smile:

Jess
Reply 6
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending