The Student Room Group

i'm very tired, but i'm doing my best :Cherryblossomed's GYG ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

i have literally never done this before, and i have no clue what I'm doing, but hello!

i'm in y13, studying eng lit/lang, maths and chemistry.
My current predicted grades are ACC, but im determined that by exams, i'm going to get myself to A*AB minimum.

i have a mix of revision techniques that I'm excited to get to, and i'm using this half term to try and get ahead of my classes. i'm so glad i found this, so i can keep myself honest and up to-date with my work! yay :smile:

(off topic but how do i make this all pink) ((nvm i figured it out))
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

16/10/2022
tasks for the day ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ
[x] english homework
[ ] finish learning Y2 calculus
[ ] recap series and sequences
[x] finish aromatic chem
[ ] go over hess cycles (I'm postponing this one bc i don't want to do it anymore)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cherryblossomed
16/10/2022
tasks for the day ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ
[x] english homework
[ ] finish learning Y2 calculus
[ ] recap series and sequences
[x] finish aromatic chem
[ ] go over hess cycles (I'm postponing this one bc i don't want to do it anymore)

Love the pink :biggrin: Good luck with everything, I quite liked Hess cycles by the end of my A levels but I definitely remember them being a bit of a chore at first!
Original post by Interea
Love the pink :biggrin: Good luck with everything, I quite liked Hess cycles by the end of my A levels but I definitely remember them being a bit of a chore at first!

haha! thank you very much! i've been avoiding hess cycles because fo how annoying they can be, but now i have a little bit of faith lol
17/10/2022
tasks for the day ೄྀ ˊˎ
[ ] finish learning Y2 calculus **i started this yesterday but there were too many topics and i got overwhelmed so i moved onto series and sequences
[ ] recap series and sequences **also started this yesterday but i kept getting basic maths wrong and so i rage quit
[x] go over hess cycles **doing this as we speak
[ ] go over mechanisms

stuff i actually did
-a past paper (I got a B wooo)
(edited 1 year ago)
18/10/2022
tasks for the day ೄྀ ˊˎ
[x] finish learning Y2 calculus **finished learning the differentiations but not modelling
[ ] recap series and sequences **UpLearn treats me like an imbecile in this topic so i'm avoiding it out of spite
[ ] go over mechanisms
[ ] titrations

stuff i actually did
-inverse functions
-two exam practice question (logarithms and circles)
-got a horrible leg cramp and now i can't jet wash the drive :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
19/10/2022
tasks for the day ೄྀ ˊˎ
[ ] recap series and sequences **i did in fact do some of it but didn't finish
[ ] go over mechanisms
[ ] logarithms
[x] titrations **did a titration question with my tutor AND GOT IT RIGHT WHAT??

what I actually did
-mechanics exam questions (i got them mostly right, lost two marks because I made a silly mistake, but i had the right method)
-a lot of stats, i got up to 200 points in Uplearn in about 1hr and 15 mins
-various exam practice questions cause i didn't have the attention span to do anything i had to relearn

total working hours: >3 hours
(edited 1 year ago)
23/10/2022
round up ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ

worked for about three hours on the 20th, one and a half hours on the 21st and didn't do much on the 22nd on account of work and a meeting up with family friends. I start back at college on Monday so I'll document the extra work i get done. I've managed to finish 20% of my UpLearn course in about a month--I'm hoping that if i really ramp things up, I'll be able to finish all the courses by Christmas break, but I know that's wishful thinking.

tasks for today:
[ ] Y2 integration and calculus
[ ] get ahead of aromatic chem
[ ] go through past paper
i am incredibly stressed.
i did over 2 hours of work without stopping today!
it was really hard, and i got super fidgety so i had to go take a walk, but it's the most I've ever successfully done in one go! I'm so pleasantly surprised!
3/11/2022
this week has been horrible work-wise. didn't get much done on Tuesday on account of my computer not working, and i spent an hour revising for my chem test only to flunk it. i want to cry. i probably scraped a c. School has been closed since Wednesday so I've been feeling mega unmotivated to do anything, which is # stressful because I start work this week and i need to keep on top of stuff...

i have to do this form for manchester uni, who i will know reject me because of my grades, which really sucks, but I have to do it for the sake of my family. I'm still putting my all into it as it will help my application at some point but i'm so frustrated.

I've been feeling super unmotivated cause the seasonal unhappy is kicking in and i just don't want to do anything. that, plus violent autistic burnout is kicking my ass. i need winter to be over.
(edited 1 year ago)
3/11/2022
this week has been horrible work-wise. didn't get much done on Tuesday on account of my computer not working, and i spent an hour revising for my chem test only to flunk it. i want to cry. i probably scraped a c. Scholl has been closed since Wednesday so I've been feeling mega unmotivated to do anything, which is # stressful because I start work this week and i need to keep on top of stuff...
i have to do this form for manchester uni, who i will know reject me because of my grades, which really sucks, but I have to do it for the sake of my family. I'm still putting my all into it as it will help my application at some point but i'm so frustrated.
I've been feeling super unmotivated cause the seasonal unhappy is kicking in and i just don't want to do anything. that, plus violent autistic burnout is kicking my ass. i need winter to be over.

Please look after yourself :console: It's a tough time of year in general, and autistic burnout is really not fun on top of that (my attendance really started to drop at this stage of year 13 because of it, since I wasn't giving myself the time I needed to recover).

I find it helps to designate a day for resting: it sounds counterintuitive if your issue is feeling unmotivated, but if you plan to do work and don't then you just feel bad and it's not really good rest, but if you plan to rest then that's part of your schedule and you can fully rest knowing it's part of the plan.

Hope you manage to feel better and start getting back to work soon, remember anything is better than nothing and things don't have to be perfect.
Original post by Interea
Please look after yourself :console: It's a tough time of year in general, and autistic burnout is really not fun on top of that (my attendance really started to drop at this stage of year 13 because of it, since I wasn't giving myself the time I needed to recover).

I find it helps to designate a day for resting: it sounds counterintuitive if your issue is feeling unmotivated, but if you plan to do work and don't then you just feel bad and it's not really good rest, but if you plan to rest then that's part of your schedule and you can fully rest knowing it's part of the plan.

Hope you manage to feel better and start getting back to work soon, remember anything is better than nothing and things don't have to be perfect.

thank you so much :smile: i've been feeling really time-poor lately, so i've probably been overworking myself as a result. I think i'll give myself tomorrow off school work and see if that makes me feel a bit more ready for the weekend.
4/11/22

first day at my new job!
i really, really like it, and they pay really well. i didn't do any work today but I'll get some done tomorrow when i get back from work. gotta focus on getting my first year stuff solidified for chem, and getting ahead of class in maths. i have today and tomorrow to try and even things out, but right now i need to be filling out a form for manchester so I'll come back when I've done that lol
7/11/22
so I've done 12hrs worth of shifts at my job, and I still really like it! it's quite chill, and it doesn't feel too stressful, so i'm enjoying doing it. i didn't do much work over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and that rest has really heard me up for this week, I've done 3 hours and 30 minutes today alone. (used my frees and my time at home) i generally forget to take care of myself, so that helped me out. i have a bunch of stuff i have to do, like tidy my room and do my washing, but i think i'll deal with that when i have a bit more time. my room isn't dirty, just messy. (i'm not going to find mould forming anywhere. at most, i'll find a lot of dust.)
21/11/22

i did my 15 hours last week !!

however my maths teacher has left my school and we have a replacement teacher who i find really confusing. i really struggle to understand him, because he has a really strong accent, and I'm not used to it. i'm having to teach myself a lot of things which is time i should be spending revising old topics. it's annoying but it is what it is.

work has been going really well, and my supervisors seem to be happy with me, so i'm happy about that. i get paid on friday, woooo!!

i ordered myself a couple of dresses cause i've been wanting them since last year. they're a little christmas present to future me lol.
i have a chem test tomorrow which i have been revising for. i'm feeling a little uncertain but i'm gonna do an extra 3 hours tonight, and that should leave me ready for the test. i really need to do well in it.

i'm not feeling as burnt out as before, but i just can't be asked for any of this. so much work that i don't want to do lol
23/11/22

i had a chem test today and i think it went well. i don't want to get too ahead of myself but if this goes well, i think i may have finally found a revision routine that works for me. it's been literal years in the works to try and find something that works in my mind so i really hope i do well on this. it's really important to me that i show my mum that i am working really hard. if i flunk this i genuinely don't know what i'll do. i'm thinking b minimum--i've genuinely worked so hard for this test, and if i do badly it will defo crush me.

anyway i'm crocheting myself a cardigan to try and distract myself. i might post some pictures of it when i'm done--i think it's gonna be super cute!
Attachment not found

i have literally never done this before, and i have no clue what I'm doing, but hello!

i'm in y13, studying eng lit/lang, maths and chemistry.
My current predicted grades are ACC, but im determined that by exams, i'm going to get myself to A*AB minimum.

i have a mix of revision techniques that I'm excited to get to, and i'm using this half term to try and get ahead of my classes. i'm so glad i found this, so i can keep myself honest and up to-date with my work! yay :smile:

(off topic but how do i make this all pink) ((nvm i figured it out))

Hey, loving the pink! I hope this has been going well. I just wanted to message about revision techniques in case you need some help :smile:

I'm a 5th year medical student at Imperial and I've spent 20+ years revising now. I'd recommend you use active learning methods to revise as they help to increase productivity and reduce procrastination. You'll also remember the content better. These include flashcards, mind maps, practice questions, past papers and explaining to others like your friends or family. I would recommend you use flashcards to memorise content you need to know and then do practice questions and past papers under timed conditions (even if you get questions wrong that's okay, you'll learn more from your mistakes). Don't just read from a textbook. A textbook is great to read when you're trying to understand something or learn something brand new, but is a terrible way to revise or memorise content.

Also, whilst revising make sure to take breaks (have a look at the pomodoro technique) as this will increase your productivity and make your revising more efficient.

If you have any questions feel free to message me on the student room or dm me on instagram @studymed_eda (I have content on here about revising, study tips and motivation)
26/11/22

i got paid today! woop woop! i bought my mum and my sister dinner to celebrate lol
i also got an A on that chem test! my teacher gave me thumbs up when he gave it to me. I think my teachers are so precious--they always get excited when i do well in tests lol
2/12/22
i am stressed again.
i have a test on Monday on a topic that my teacher has not finished teaching because he's new and bad at teaching.
i have to get another A. everyone was so proud of me last time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending