The Student Room Group

Arup Graduate Scheme 2023

Hi applied to Arup last week, didn't see any threads for the coming graduate scheme so just creating this for discussion! I passed my online application and finished my online test on Friday. Still waiting for reply whether I passed or failed. Is anyone on the same boat as me?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I went through the graduate recruitment with Arup back in 2017 and was offered the Graduate Electrical Engineer (Buildings) job to work at their London office.
I applied early November, did all the online stuff as you mentioned and received the first communication back late November (so about 3 weeks later).
Another week later a careers coordinator got in touch with me asking to confirm my attendance for the interview (assessment centre) held in mid-December.

Things might have changes since then, but this will give you a rough idea on what to expect. Don't be afraid to send them an email and ask for an update, if anything it shows that you're genuinely interested in the job.

I did get the job offer in the end, so ask me anything.
(edited 1 year ago)
Can I PM you?

Original post by ThatguyAl
I went through the graduate recruitment with Arup back in 2017 and was offered the Graduate Electrical Engineer (Buildings) job to work at their London office.
I applied early November, did all the online stuff as you mentioned and received the first communication back late November (so about 3 weeks later).
Another week later a careers coordinator got in touch with me asking to confirm my attendance for the interview (assessment centre) held in mid-December.

Things might have changes since then, but this will give you a rough idea on what to expect. Don't be afraid to send them an email and ask for an update, if anything it shows that you're genuinely interested in the job.

I did get the job offer in the end, so ask me anything.
Original post by imnotgettingajob
Can I PM you?

Of course
Reply 4
Yeah I gave my online assessments today, was just checking to see how long they take to get back with a decision
Got an email today saying I passed my online assessment and "We're pleased to let you know that your application will be progressing to the next stage and will now be further reviewed by our hiring teams."
Original post by issamem
Yeah I gave my online assessments today, was just checking to see how long they take to get back with a decision
Got an email today saying I passed my online assessment and "We're pleased to let you know that your application will be progressing to the next stage and will now be further reviewed by our hiring teams."

well done on your assessment. nice username!
(edited 1 year ago)
im thinking of applying (closing date is on the 10th)
Original post by princessneet
well done on your assessment. nice username!

lol thanks!!
lol thanks!!

you're welcome!
im thinking of applying (closing date is on the 10th)

Applying for which graduate scheme? and good luck :smile:

Yep, I've had that too. I got an email that they're going to progress to the next stage of the application process - which is that it's being further reviewed. I don't know if that's meant to be good news or not but I'm trying not to overstress.
Original post by narsss01
Yep, I've had that too. I got an email that they're going to progress to the next stage of the application process - which is that it's being further reviewed. I don't know if that's meant to be good news or not but I'm trying not to overstress.

So according to details that they have provided in their website it says that If you pass the online assessment test, they will review your application and check that you hold the minimum requirements that they have set. And also review the answers that you've provided to the application form.

So basically they are shortlisting the candidates and decide whether to invite us for the assessment centre or not.
(edited 1 year ago)
software, and thanks :smile:
Applying for which graduate scheme? and good luck :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
why are they telling me not to upload a cv/cover letter on the form

So according to details that they have provided in their website it says that If you pass the online assessment test, they will review your application and check that you hold the minimum requirements that they have set. And also review the answers that you've provided to the application form.

So basically they are shortlisting the candidates and decide whether to invite us for the assessment centre or not.
Hey,

I got the same as well, I applied for the Business and Investment consultancy programme. Which programme did you apply to ? Did you receive any further communications?

Hi applied to Arup couple of last week, didn't see any threads for the coming graduate scheme so just creating this for discussion! I passed my online application and finished my online test on Friday. Still waiting for reply whether I passed or failed. Is anyone on the same boat as me?
why are they telling me not to upload a cv/cover letter on the form

Well they will judge you by the application answers that you have written, your qualifications and the supporting documents that you have uploaded. So no CV or cover letter
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Pb1234780
Hey,

I got the same as well, I applied for the Business and Investment consultancy programme. Which programme did you apply to ? Did you receive any further communications?

I applied for the Electrical Building Services Engineering. Got an E-mail last week saying I passed my assessment and will contact shortly with an update. Now usually it takes 2 weeks lasting to couple of months depending on the HR and the hiring manager.

The deadline is today i.e the 10th November and after that they will review the application and see whether we are fit for the role and if yes they would invite us to the assessment centre which I think starts at the end of November or starting of December. So yeah fingers crossed.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey, did you hear back from them?
Hey,

Did you hear back from them regarding the next rounds ?
I applied for the Electrical Building Services Engineering. Got an E-mail last week saying I passed my assessment and will contact shortly with an update. Now usually it takes 2 weeks lasting to couple of months depending on the HR and the hiring manager.

The deadline is today i.e the 10th November and after that they will review the application and see whether we are fit for the role and if yes they would invite us to the assessment centre which I think starts at the end of November or starting of December. So yeah fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest