The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Official University of the West of England, Bristol 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of the West of England, Bristol for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

I have UWE as three of my choices!
I've applied for both Adult nursing and midwifery along with the blended learning course for midwifery.
Currently on an Access to HE (nursing & midwifery) course.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of the West of England, Bristol for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

I have applied for English Language and Linguistics! Currently I study English Language, History, and Psychology!!!
Hey I've had an offer for psychology at UWE and I'm going to firm it! Can't wait to meet everyone xx
hi,
i applied for social work ba and ive already completed my a levels in sociology, religious studies and BTEC health and social care. does anyone know how the social work interview goes? ive got one in a couple weeks and im so nervous lol
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Hi all!

I'm studying Politics, History, Spanish and an EPQ currently, and I've been accepted into the Politics and IR course!!
Original post by evil homer
hi!

this is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to university of the west of england, bristol for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. good luck! :heart:

i just got my unconditional offerrr wooop woo
Hi, is anyone here doing any creative courses at uwe? I've applied for audio technology :-)
Hi, I applied to digital media :smile:
Reply 9
Hi, I've applied for Digital media
How long did it take for you guys to get an offer? I had my interview last week for adult nursing and getting really worried 😟
How long did it take for you guys to get an offer? I had my interview last week for adult nursing and getting really worried 😟 as on all the forums people seem to get offers 3/4 days after uwe nursing interviews 😦
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
How long did it take for you guys to get an offer? I had my interview last week for adult nursing and getting really worried 😟

Original post by Berryberry9
How long did it take for you guys to get an offer? I had my interview last week for adult nursing and getting really worried 😟 as on all the forums people seem to get offers 3/4 days after uwe nursing interviews 😦

Heyy guys i gave my interview for adult nursing in November and received an unconditional offer after 5 days. All the best to you!!!! Dw ur gonna get ur offer soon:smile:
Hello everyone is anyone planning on working part time while studying nursing or midwifery this year at uwe. Just wanted to know if im the only one planning on working part time
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone is anyone planning on working part time while studying nursing or midwifery this year at uwe. Just wanted to know if im the only one planning on working part time

Mate

You'll not be alone working alongside your midwife degree as other nursing students will also be doing the same thing as yourself plus some may be doing HCA to learn experience for there nursing degree.

I worked alongside the whole of my midwife degree working part-time as I went from full-time to part-time during the degree. It's a wee struggle to start with but I eventually got use to the way of how the shifts on placements worked in hospitals ward's and then the community placements is just basically the hour's that the GP surgery is open for Monday to Friday with you getting a day off in the week plus free weekend. With long shift pattern you'll get at least 4 days off.

I'll say that just remember that you'll have to prioritise your midwife degree coursework first and foremost throughout the three years of the course okay. It's not a easy degree to do but once you have got use of doing things you'll be fine.
Make sure you do any coursework after you finish university for the day before thinking about doing any work or going out for a few drinks etc because you can't afford to fall behind in the work as it's hard to make it up.

Prioritise working the weekends during the day when you are doing your university studying/ practical weeks and then when you are on your placements you can hopefully arrange to work the hour's on your days off as you'll be working at weekends at some point during your placement or even working Nightshift Friday or Saturday night as well as day shift - you may have to work a long hour shift of around 12.5/13 hour's depending on how the hospital trust working shift pattern is. Possibly could be split shift pattern.

Hope you'll enjoy the next three years of very very hard work ahead of you.

A NHS registered midwife of over 3.5 years.
Has anyone else been put on hold for childrens nursing?
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

i have applied for Software Engineering
Hi all! i’ve applied for the photography BA at uwe bristol :smile: i’ve already done two years of my creative media production extended diploma, & my interview is in a few weeks :smile:
Has anyone heard back for filmmaking yet, I'm still waiting
Original post by daisyl_30
Has anyone heard back for filmmaking yet, I'm still waiting

Yes! I've recieved a conditional offer around two weeks ago!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending