The Student Room Group

Aldi Graduate Scheme 2023

Hi everyone, just thought I'd create a feed for the Aldi Area Manager Grad Scheme for 2022/2023 applicants!
Has anyone had there final MD interview I have mine in a couple of weeks and any tips would be really appreciated :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 2023grad!
Has anyone had there final MD interview I have mine in a couple of weeks and any tips would be really appreciated :smile:

Hi - I was just wondering how your final interview went?
I'm still going through the application stages and have just recently finished my online tests. Do you remember how long you had to wait between the online tests and being invited to an assessment centre?
Hi,
The final interview was great the managing director makes you feel really comfortable. They ask you questions about you and want to get to know you as a person which was lovely.
After I completed my online tests I’m sure it was a few days later I got the email for the group assessment.
Hope this helps good luck!
Reply 4
Hi,
The final interview was great the managing director makes you feel really comfortable. They ask you questions about you and want to get to know you as a person which was lovely.
After I completed my online tests I’m sure it was a few days later I got the email for the group assessment.
Hope this helps good luck!

Thank you so much for replying!
Glad to hear you had a good experience. Have you since heard an outcome regarding your application?
I really hope I get an opportunity to go to the assessment centre. I don’t think my online test results will be spectacular but hopefully not terrible. Do you know if we get a report with our results? How did you feel like you performed after the online tests?

I’m sorry for all the questions!
Hi don’t worry it’s not a problem happy to help. I received a call the next day after my final interview and they offered me the job 😊. I’m sure you will have passed them, I felt the same after the online tests I couldn’t really gage how I got on. They don’t provide feedback for the online assessment once they are completed but I’m not too sure if you could email to request some feedback.
Hi Everyone, just wondering if anyone knows when the Darlington recruitment will open? Or when it was last open?
Hi, ive got an online assessment centre soon. I am aware of the general structure, i.e 3 min presentation about store walk, followed by group task, etc, but did you have any top tips, or general advice, you would have found helpfull? Cheers.
Reply 8
Original post by Max12121
Hi, ive got an online assessment centre soon. I am aware of the general structure, i.e 3 min presentation about store walk, followed by group task, etc, but did you have any top tips, or general advice, you would have found helpfull? Cheers.

Hey - I had mine last week. Haven't received an outcome yet, but here's some general advice I could think of:
- It's a mixture of candidates in the assessment centre (some placement, graduate and grad changers) all applying to different locations - so it's really important that you make sure your answers stand out. You are assessed on Aldi's competencies rather that against each other.

- With the group task, make sure that you get a few words in. The 20 minute discussion goes quickly. Also, try to promote discussion even if everyone happens to agree on a certain aspect of the task.

- If you haven't done your store walk yet make sure you've taken detailed notes as you are assigned a random topic that you have to present back on.

- You will be cut off if you go over time so just make sure you're able to summarise well.

I hope they help - Good Luck! :smile:
Nice one thanks for the tips. Were the presentation topics pretty much the same as previously posted. I.e product range, special buys etc.

(Original post by Whfmc)Hey - I had mine last week. Haven't received an outcome yet, but here's some general advice I could think of:
- It's a mixture of candidates in the assessment centre (some placement, graduate and grad changers) all applying to different locations - so it's really important that you make sure your answers stand out. You are assessed on Aldi's competencies rather that against each other.

- With the group task, make sure that you get a few words in. The 20 minute discussion goes quickly. Also, try to promote discussion even if everyone happens to agree on a certain aspect of the task.

- If you haven't done your store walk yet make sure you've taken detailed notes as you are assigned a random topic that you have to present back on.

- You will be cut off if you go over time so just make sure you're able to summarise well.

Original post by Whfmc
Hey - I had mine last week. Haven't received an outcome yet, but here's some general advice I could think of:

Reply 10
Original post by Max12121
Nice one thanks for the tips. Were the presentation topics pretty much the same as previously posted. I.e product range, special buys etc.

(Original post by Whfmc)Hey - I had mine last week. Haven't received an outcome yet, but here's some general advice I could think of:

Yeah they were pretty much the same - at least for me.
Hey could you tell me roughly what the majority of the random topics are for the individual presentations as I'm not 100% sure what to prepare for and am stressinggg! Also is there any other testings during the assessment centre like numerical or more psychometric tests or is it just the group tasks and individual presentations? Thanks!
Reply 12
Original post by bethmacdonald02
Hey could you tell me roughly what the majority of the random topics are for the individual presentations as I'm not 100% sure what to prepare for and am stressinggg! Also is there any other testings during the assessment centre like numerical or more psychometric tests or is it just the group tasks and individual presentations? Thanks!

Hey, I was stressing too - please don't worry, the assessor in my AC was actually quite nice. I can't remember most of them but there were: people, special buys, product range/marketing etc :smile:
Hi, just out of interest, how long did people wait before hearing back after submitting their application form?
Reply 14
Original post by PostGrad99
Hi, just out of interest, how long did people wait before hearing back after submitting their application form?

I heard back in 2 days
Original post by Student1749462
Hi everyone, just thought I'd create a feed for the Aldi Area Manager Grad Scheme for 2022/2023 applicants!

Hey, I’m applying now for next year. Have just for to the recorded video interview stage, any tips on it? Also, what are the stages like after this? Thanks!!
Reply 16

Hi, I've got my interview the MD in a month. How did your interview go, what sort of questions were you asked? Thankss
Hey I have just submitted my application and I am really nervous about the online assessment so I was wondering how to prepare and what to expect. please advice!

Original post by bethmacdonald02
Hi guys I just recieved my invitation to the Group Assessment over teams and was told to do a shop walk, what did you guys look for when doing your store walk?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending