The Student Room Group

ALDI Area Manager Graduate Scheme 2023

Hi, has anyone applied to the ALDI area manager grad scheme this year? Such a lenghty process, i have my group assessment day tomorrow and wondering if people can share their experiences with this. i am happy to share mine thus far - i have completed two sets of online tests, online application and the video interview
Reply 1
Original post by Laurenyoung430
Hi, has anyone applied to the ALDI area manager grad scheme this year? Such a lenghty process, i have my group assessment day tomorrow and wondering if people can share their experiences with this. i am happy to share mine thus far - i have completed two sets of online tests, online application and the video interview

How did the group assessment go?
Reply 2
Original post by nataliecas
How did the group assessment go?

I completed the group assessment almost 2 weeks ago. It is around 3 hours long and mine was myself and about 6 others, over teams, with 1 assessor from HR. We started by giving a brief introduction what we studied, what we do for work etc. and what our favourite aldi product was. The answers were pretty basic like the flatbreads, perfume, super six etc. We were then given around 10 minutes to prepare a 3 minute presentation on our store walk. We were given the topic on the day. I got marketing and PR. I encourage you to prepare in advance for this as she did stop us at the 3 minute mark and I ran out of time, as did many others. She then asked follow up questions based on the presentation. Following a short break, we began the group task. We were sent around 6 applications and CVS for a new project and we had to individually choose who we would hire, and why. Naturally, not evehrone has the same answer. We were given 20 minutes to come to a conclusion as a group, and present the reaosns back to the assessor who was overly critical of our choice. There were reasons as to why you would and would not hire each person, I won’t go into the discussion too much but it is not an easy task. Everyone is keen to show thier leadership skills so often it is everyone talking over one another.
Reply 3
Hi, did you hear back for the 1-1 interview?
hey i hope assesment went well.

i got video interview. could you share how it was?
Reply 5
Original post by ahsanzahid_
hey i hope assesment went well.

i got video interview. could you share how it was?

Hey, sure. The video interview was my least favourite part (not to put you off). You are given 30 seconds to read a question and then usually a minute to answer - it will cut you off at a minute (i ran out of time on several questions) and you cannot re-record. The questions (ones i can remember) were: Tell us about yourself, tell us what regions you applied to, tell us about a time you showed outstanding leadership skills, tell us about a time you set a challenging goal and what you did to achieve it, why do you want to work at ALDI and what can you bring to the company. I believe there was 8 questions in total. As i said, personally this was not my favourite part but somehow i got through.
Original post by Laurenyoung430

Hi Lauren, I'd be really grateful if you could share your experience of the online tests - was there a set amount of time from starting the application to complete the online tests, and if so how many days? I'd also really appreciate it if you could describe what kind of tests you needed to complete - the website mentions tests to assess judgement and analytical skills, but am keen to understand a bit more about what kind of numerical tests they ask you to complete. May thanks in advance!
Reply 7
Original post by Grad202431
I completed the group assessment almost 2 weeks ago. It is around 3 hours long and mine was myself and about 6 others, over teams, with 1 assessor from HR. We started by giving a brief introduction what we studied, what we do for work etc. and what our favourite aldi product was. The answers were pretty basic like the flatbreads, perfume, super six etc. We were then given around 10 minutes to prepare a 3 minute presentation on our store walk. We were given the topic on the day. I got marketing and PR. I encourage you to prepare in advance for this as she did stop us at the 3 minute mark and I ran out of time, as did many others. She then asked follow up questions based on the presentation. Following a short break, we began the group task. We were sent around 6 applications and CVS for a new project and we had to individually choose who we would hire, and why. Naturally, not evehrone has the same answer. We were given 20 minutes to come to a conclusion as a group, and present the reaosns back to the assessor who was overly critical of our choice. There were reasons as to why you would and would not hire each person, I won’t go into the discussion too much but it is not an easy task. Everyone is keen to show thier leadership skills so often it is everyone talking over one another.

Can you remember what the other presentation topics were? Have my group assessment tomorrow and im bricking it to say the least
Original post by cj20019
Can you remember what the other presentation topics were? Have my group assessment tomorrow and im bricking it to say the least

Hey CJ I hope your interview went well. What was the presentation topics?
I just recieved my invitation to the Group Assessment over teams and was told to do a shop walk, was this something everyone did and if so what did you guys look out for? how long did you stay for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending