The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2023 Postgraduate Application

Has anyone heard back from U of Sussex for postgraduate application? I applied in mid October and haven't heard back after 4 weeks of waiting. I am getting a bit concerned as it is all up to this result to decide which uni I go for master's degree.

Scroll to see replies

I applied for MSc “Marketing and consumer psychology” on Oct 6th. Got my offer letter on 11th Nov. It took 5 weeks. You might hear back very soon!
(edited 1 year ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Subho_Sha
I applied for MSc “Marketing and consumer psychology” on Oct 6th. Got my offer letter on 11th Nov. It took 5 weeks. You might hear back very soon!

Hi :smile: Thanks for your reply, and congrats for making it to Sussex!
I am relieved to know that it can take 5 weeks. Hope I hear back from them soon!
I applied for the MA in International Education and Development on October 16th and received my offer on Nov 9th. I think it may vary depending on the program you apply for. I hope you receive your offer soon!
Reply 4
Original post by katertot
I applied for the MA in International Education and Development on October 16th and received my offer on Nov 9th. I think it may vary depending on the program you apply for. I hope you receive your offer soon!

Hello :smile: Thank you for your reply. Ah right seems like it is really defferent then. Congratulations for the offere from Sussex! Hopefully it won't take much time for me to receive the offer too!
Reply 5
Me too. i applied for the LLM on 31 oct and still not hear anything back!
Reply 6
Original post by nonnnyz
Me too. i applied for the LLM on 31 oct and still not hear anything back!

Hi, thanks for your reply :smile: It's been only 3 weeks since you have applied so might take a bit more time. Hopefully we both get an offer soon!
Reply 7
It's been 6 weeks now but still haven't heard back from them... Has anyone got an offer for development studies related courses? I applied to Sustainable Development MSc.
Reply 8
Original post by Japonesa39
Hi, thanks for your reply :smile: It's been only 3 weeks since you have applied so might take a bit more time. Hopefully we both get an offer soon!

Finally, i got a offer from sussex 2 days ago
Reply 9
Original post by nonnnyz
Finally, i got a offer from sussex 2 days ago

Congrats! You heard back within 5 weeks so not bad!
It's the 7th week this week for me and still waiting. I guess the course I applied to is very popular that they take extra time to reply.
Congrats! You heard back within 5 weeks so not bad!
It's the 7th week this week for me and still waiting. I guess the course I applied to is very popular that they take extra time to reply.

Many thanks. Wish you get an offer as soon as possible.
Reply 11
I applied to MA Development Studies on 25/11, and I got an offer on 9/12. It took two weeks.
Original post by ddaahh
I applied to MA Development Studies on 25/11, and I got an offer on 9/12. It took two weeks.

Hi, congrats for getting an offer! I have applied to Development Studies too to see how quick MA courses can be processed. I applied to it only several weeks ago but it has already been passed to the admission tutor. It says application for Sustainable Development MSc is still considered which means it hasn't been passed to the admission tutor yet. This waiting game is getting very frustrating haha.
Reply 13
Hi, congrats for getting an offer! I have applied to Development Studies too to see how quick MA courses can be processed. I applied to it only several weeks ago but it has already been passed to the admission tutor. It says application for Sustainable Development MSc is still considered which means it hasn't been passed to the admission tutor yet. This waiting game is getting very frustrating haha.

Thanks, I didn't expect the result so fast, so I was pretty surprised. I am also waiting for other institutions' results so I can imagine that a long wait can be desperate. Hope you get an offer soon. Good luck!
Reply 14
I submitted my application on the 15th Nov and got an offer to their MA in Literature, Culture and Theory program on the 9th Dec. So around 3 weeks time :smile:)
Original post by Mag06
I submitted my application on the 15th Nov and got an offer to their MA in Literature, Culture and Theory program on the 9th Dec. So around 3 weeks time :smile:)

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Congrats for receiving offers from Sussex!
I finally got an offer to MSc Climate change, Development and Policy today. I applied to MSc Sustainable Development earlier than this course so surprised to get this offer first. It must have been taking a lot more time to give offers to international students. Hope I get replies for other courses asap before they close the office for Christmas.
I finally got an offer to MSc Climate change, Development and Policy today. I applied to MSc Sustainable Development earlier than this course so surprised to get this offer first. It must have been taking a lot more time to give offers to international students. Hope I get replies for other courses asap before they close the office for Christmas.

Hey, so happy for you.. it is taking longer than ussual. You will surely get the offer soon !
Hi guys. Thank you all for checking my post and replying! I haven't heard back from Sustainable Development MSc yet, but I am currently trying to make a decision between the two courses below that I have offeres to.
・Climate Change, Development and Policy MSc
・Environment, Development and Policy MA
Since I still want to work in a sustainability sector relevant to environment issues and effective use of resources, it has been a tough decision to make. If you have any insights or advices on these two courses, please let me know!
Has anyone heard back from U of Sussex for postgraduate application? I applied in mid October and haven't heard back after 4 weeks of waiting. I am getting a bit concerned as it is all up to this result to decide which uni I go for master's degree.

Hello,
I suppose it's been a while since you asked this question but have you finally heard back from U of Sussex about the Sustainable Development MSc application? I applied around January and haven't received anything yet so I was wondering how long it would to take to hear back from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending