The Student Room Group

Dentistry reapplicant second gap year

Hi I’m currently studying a non dentistry related course after getting rejected in y13 when I got a Chemistry CAG of B and I took a gap year to resit it but my grandma passed away during this time so obviously I got a worse grade. I still have a passion for dentistry and want to reapply for 2024 as I’ve lost interest in my current uni degree. I also need to resit my A-level chemistry to raise it from a B. Anyone know any unis that accept students like this? I got a levels AAB in English lit, biology and chemistry and my GCSEs lowest grade was a 5 in physics. Also would it be better to do an access course or a dentistry related degree first? So sorry for the long question!
Reply 1
Original post by bw2012
Hi I’m currently studying a non dentistry related course after getting rejected in y13 when I got a Chemistry CAG of B and I took a gap year to resit it but my grandma passed away during this time so obviously I got a worse grade. I still have a passion for dentistry and want to reapply for 2024 as I’ve lost interest in my current uni degree. I also need to resit my A-level chemistry to raise it from a B. Anyone know any unis that accept students like this? I got a levels AAB in English lit, biology and chemistry and my GCSEs lowest grade was a 5 in physics. Also would it be better to do an access course or a dentistry related degree first? So sorry for the long question!

You would probably save yourself some time by doing an access course. Lots of providers offer online courses but make sure that the unis you want to apply to accept distance learning. Additionally some unis only accept access courses in certain subjects and you have to have been out of education for a certain period of time. My advice would be to research the universities that you would most like to attend and go from there :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hvice
You would probably save yourself some time by doing an access course. Lots of providers offer online courses but make sure that the unis you want to apply to accept distance learning. Additionally some unis only accept access courses in certain subjects and you have to have been out of education for a certain period of time. My advice would be to research the universities that you would most like to attend and go from there :smile:

What is access course please can you be more detailed?

Quick Reply

Latest