The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2024 Entry Reapplicant

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice for which universities would be the best for me to apply for. I am interested in Manchester, Sheffield, and Bristol, but currently researching whether it'd be a strategic choice or not.
Also, if you know any of the above unis do not accept reapplicants, please let me know!

For reference, my grades are:
GCSE: 9999999998
A level: A*A*A*A (Bio, psy, EPQ, chem respectively)
UCAT: 2970 Band 1

Much appreciated!!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SafPaf
Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice for which universities would be the best for me to apply for. I was set on Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham and Bristol, but I just found out that Birmingham don't accept reapplicants who have been rejected post-interview previously (and that is exactly what happened to me, only interview I was offered last year). Now I'm wondering whether any of the universities I mentioned above are like Birmingham and don't accept reapplicants, hope someone could help!

Also, if you have any suggestions for which uni I can replace my Birmingham option with, please let me know. My stats are:
UCAT (this year, but last's): 2970 Band 1

Much appreciated!!

Considering your A-Level grades I'd recommend KCL or QMUL for you since they weight A levels quite highly. I'm planning to apply to Birmingham for Dentistry can you clarify whether they don't accept reapplicants at all or just reapplicants that got rejected on interview because I am a reapplicant but I did not apply to Birmingham last year.
Reply 2
Original post by ox40
Considering your A-Level grades I'd recommend KCL or QMUL for you since they weight A levels quite highly. I'm planning to apply to Birmingham for Dentistry can you clarify whether they don't accept reapplicants at all or just reapplicants that got rejected on interview because I am a reapplicant but I did not apply to Birmingham last year.

Hi, so only reapplicants who have applied to Birmingham, received an interview, and got rejected post-interview cannot reapply. If you didn't apply to Birmingham last year, then there's no problem!

Thanks for your tip )
Reply 3
Original post by SafPaf
Hi, so only reapplicants who have applied to Birmingham, received an interview, and got rejected post-interview cannot reapply. If you didn't apply to Birmingham last year, then there's no problem!

Thanks for your tip )

Thank you for clearing it up for me, I didn't apply to Birmingham last year so I should be all good!
Reply 4
Original post by SafPaf
Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice for which universities would be the best for me to apply for. I am interested in Manchester, Sheffield, and Bristol, but currently researching whether it'd be a strategic choice or not.
Also, if you know any of the above unis do not accept reapplicants, please let me know!
For reference, my grades are:
UCAT: 2970 Band 1
Much appreciated!!
Hi sorry may I ask you why you had to reply. Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Poonam84
Hi sorry may I ask you why you had to reply. Thanks
What do you mean? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest