The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What are my chances for getting in with low MAT score?

Hi there, anonymous because I'm embarrassed of my MAT score.

I applied for MSci Mathematics, do you think it's possible for the rest of my application to make up for my low MAT score or should I just accept the fact that I will get rejected from Imperial? I've also heard of borderline applicants receiving a STEP offer is that a possibility for me or is my MAT too low?

My MAT score was 43.
I got 11 9s at GCSE and I am predicted 4A* at A-Level.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you end up getting an offer from imperial? and where else did you apply to / get offers from? (I am in a similar position and it would be very helpful if you don't mind telling me!)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you end up getting an offer from imperial? and where else did you apply to / get offers from? (I am in a similar position and it would be very helpful if you don't mind telling me!)

I got rejected from Oxford & Imperial. Offers from everywhere else that didn’t consider MAT (UCL, LSE, Warwick). You still have time though, three whole months! My biggest regret would be not starting revision soon enough and now would be the perfect time to start. I believe in you! 🫶

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending