The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am happy overall, but my life is a mixed bag of emotions.
I have lots of wonderful friends and I have a fantastic parents and other family who have always been there for me. I'm slightly overweight, but it isnt bothering me at the moment and I'm quite a laid back guy. I'm learning how to fly an aeroplane and have passed a medical recently to allow me to do that, so yeah life is pretty good.

On the other hand, I cant help waking up in the morning and remembering the fact that I have decided to pull out of uni two days after results day, and I'm still here with no job many months down the line with two **** A-Levels (C, E), I'm in love with my best friend and I cant tell her because she'll end what we have now (Awesome friendship) and my mother has cancer. But I'm thinking positive about her, shes done well with the treatment. So thats a bonus.
At the end of the day I think I am a pretty privilaged guy, and although my life has both ups and downs (Hey, everyones does!), to answer your question. Yes, I am happy.
Insecurities aplenty, but I'd rather not rant about them.
Reply 3
hmmm random... but yes i am happy! :biggrin:

iv got the grades i want to go to uni and been accepted for my course, i have great mates who i always have a laugh with, iv got a good job atm until i go to uni, and yes im happy with my personality :smile:

The only thing i aint got is a bf atm! but its greattt being able to go out and be single...
I've learnt to accept myself for who I am, so I'm very happy

Apart from my sckool work and my grades
Reply 5
Nope.
Reply 6
Nah.
Reply 7
Nope..:frown:
I am happy with who I am, what I'm trying to achieve (very little), my friends, my looks and my personality, although I'm missing a very good friend. However, I'm unhappy with my decisions, and as such I'm not happy overall.
Yeah I really am atm :biggrin: I have a boss boyfriend who I adore, an offer for my ideal degree for my 1st choice uni, with grades I'm pretty sure I can achieve, I'm 18 in about a month, which is pretty boss, and I dunno, I'm just sat here with a big cheesy grin on my face :biggrin: Only stresses are my actual college subjects, I'm a bit behind atm, and with 10 exams in Jan looming ever closer, I'm starting to get a bit worried. But, other than that, boss! :smile:
Reply 10
why are there so many unhappy people :frown:
Reply 11
foundintransmission
Yeah I really am atm :biggrin: I have a boss boyfriend who I adore, an offer for my ideal degree for my 1st choice uni, with grades I'm pretty sure I can achieve, I'm 18 in about a month, which is pretty boss, and I dunno, I'm just sat here with a big cheesy grin on my face :biggrin: Only stresses are my actual college subjects, I'm a bit behind atm, and with 10 exams in Jan looming ever closer, I'm starting to get a bit worried. But, other than that, boss! :smile:

STOP SAYING BOSS.

bloudy northerners...
Reply 12
No.
Reply 13
shenzys
Are you happy with who you are, what your trying to achieve, who your friends are, who your boyfriend/grilfriend is, your looks, your personality etc.
Just generally-are you happy? If yes why? If no why?
I'm curious to see...

I'm very happy with who I am. I had a rubbish childhood, but came through a number of problems to be a happy, healthy adult with the best friends imaginable. I'm living life to the full, enjoying every second, taking every opportunity that comes my way and living for fun. Everything's just perfect for me.
Reply 14
Bugzy
STOP SAYING BOSS.

bloudy northerners...

I'll stop saying it Boss.

Yes I'm happy.:biggrin:
Reply 15
my life is a glass case of emotion, and the pressure is rising.
Reply 16
Nope:s-smilie:.
Reply 17
Bugzy
STOP SAYING BOSS.

bloudy northerners...

hahahahahaha ....

(i thought the same thing!)
These past few months have been tough, but I've been generally more happy. I think it has to do with the way I'm thinking now. I accept things and move on. I try to be positive and relax. It's working out for me thus far. :smile:

Edit: As for my looks, I'm not complaining. I've been complimented and I'm gaining self confidence with also reflect on my personality.
Bugzy
STOP SAYING BOSS.

bloudy northerners...

seriously? Bloody southerners :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending