The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

PhD 2023

I have an offer for PhD MPhil/PhD politics and international studies 2023, I have few questions :
1) what’s the timetable like (for the first year, is it like everyday going to the university) ?
2) how often and where can I meet my supervisor?
3) what’s the social life like for a PhD students, and would you recommend staying in dorms ??
Original post by Top_statement
I have an offer for PhD MPhil/PhD politics and international studies 2023, I have few questions :
1) what’s the timetable like (for the first year, is it like everyday going to the university) ?
2) how often and where can I meet my supervisor?
3) what’s the social life like for a PhD students, and would you recommend staying in dorms ??

Hello!

Congratulations on the offer!

I'm a master's student at SOAS and to be honest I am not too sure about the answers to those questions. Have you tried emailing the Doctoral school. You can contact them at [email protected]. Another option is emailing Professor Peter Mollinga. They are one of the key staff members for the MPhil/PhD in International Development and they supervise a number of PhD's so they might be able to answer your questions about supervisor meetings and timetables.

Let me know if you're still looking for answers, I can try to ask around.

- Monica (MA Social Anthropology at SOAS)
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending