The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
In the same interview I talkedwhy I thought the law was so important, and I started off by saying that it effects everyone in everyday life, and decided to use the example of cheese (when you buy cheese it came here through EU law, you are entering into a contract etc). But I found myself in a rut and had lost my train of thought so I ended up just listing a long list of types of cheese- "whether it be cheddar, edam, mozzarella, or even goats cheese, or llama cheese- I had that in Peru once, it wasn't very nice. I have a pet llama, you know- he's called Basil...he can't make cheese because he's boy...of course, that's another type of law- biological law. But I'm not good at science, which is why I chose proper law. Of course in real law we have natural law, but that's a whole different kettle of fish...which are, of course, very different to cheese."

**edited so as not to anger the friendly mod :biggrin:
Llamaaa
In my first interview my interviewer was Scottish, and I found myself mimicking his accent :biggrin:

In the same interview Iwas asked why I thought the law was so important, and I started off by saying that it effects everyone in everyday life, and decided to use the example of cheese (when you buy cheese it came here through EU law, you are entering into a contract etc). But I found myself in a rut and had lost my train of thought so I ended up just listing a long list of types of cheese- "whether it be cheddar, edam, mozzarella, or even goats cheese, or llama cheese- I had that in Peru once, it wasn't very nice. I have a pet llama, you know- he's called Basil...he can't make cheese because he's boy...of course, that's another type of law- biological law. But I'm not good at science, which is why I chose proper law. Of course in real law we have natural law, but that's a whole different kettle of fish...which are, of course, very different to cheese."

I know the exact verbal splurge because it was recorded during interview and has since been played back to me at every given opportunity :biggrin:

That made me lol so badly
Llamaaa
In my first interview my interviewer was Scottish, and I found myself mimicking his accent :biggrin:

In the same interview Iwas asked why I thought the law was so important, and I started off by saying that it effects everyone in everyday life, and decided to use the example of cheese (when you buy cheese it came here through EU law, you are entering into a contract etc). But I found myself in a rut and had lost my train of thought so I ended up just listing a long list of types of cheese- "whether it be cheddar, edam, mozzarella, or even goats cheese, or llama cheese- I had that in Peru once, it wasn't very nice. I have a pet llama, you know- he's called Basil...he can't make cheese because he's boy...of course, that's another type of law- biological law. But I'm not good at science, which is why I chose proper law. Of course in real law we have natural law, but that's a whole different kettle of fish...which are, of course, very different to cheese."

I know the exact verbal splurge because it was recorded during interview and has since been played back to me at every given opportunity :biggrin:

That was amazing. R-r-r-rep!
I've got to say, this thread is really comforting! Cheers to all who posted, and keep the anecdotes coming :wink:
I know people sometimes cry after the interview, but has anyone ever cried during the interview? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
Reply 25
Llamaaa

Haha...nice. They record interviews?! Is this true for all interviews or only certain colleges/subjects?
Llamaaa

GENIUS! I haven't laughed like that since one friend of mine was asked at a Princeton interview why was he applying at Harvard.
Flozza_X
Haha...nice. They record interviews?! Is this true for all interviews or only certain colleges/subjects?

I'd imagine that it's not very typical, seeing how it's illegal without the consent of the applicant and all. :wink:
darvulia
GENIUS! I haven't laughed like that since one friend of mine was asked at a Princeton interview why was he applying at Harvard.

:rofl2:
Reply 29
hmm... llama cheese! at least the interviewers had sumfink funny to remember u by! its betta to be interesting anyway! :yep:
i wonder do they expect u to giv real life examples nd refer to actual laws etc or wer u drawing ur conversation from a given extract..?
Reply 30
SylverStrike
I know people sometimes cry after the interview, but has anyone ever cried during the interview? If so, how did you remedy the situation?

Nope, but several supervisions left me on the brink of tears. Good times...
*Joanna*
Nope, but several supervisions left me on the brink of tears. Good times...

Do you mind me asking why they were so bad?
Reply 32
Llamaaa

:rofl:

Genius.
It's really interesting reading about interviews...:o:
I hope someone makes a big thread about this years applicants interview experiences once they've happened, cos so many people from TSR are applying to Oxbridge!
Reply 34
BrightGirl
It's really interesting reading about interviews...:o:
I hope someone makes a big thread about this years applicants interview experiences once they've happened, cos so many people from TSR are applying to Oxbridge!

You aren't allowed to talk about your interview in any real depth, not to the extent that it would be useful, anyway.
LH123
You aren't allowed to talk about your interview in any real depth, not to the extent that it would be useful, anyway.

Oh aren't you? How come?
Reply 36
BrightGirl
Oh aren't you? How come?

I'm not 100% sure what I said was correct, but it is certainly frowned upon by the mods, from what I can gather. Probably best to wait for Nina or someone to appear and confirm my suspicions.
LH123
I'm not 100% sure what I said was correct, but it is certainly frowned upon by the mods, from what I can gather. Probably best to wait for Nina or someone to appear and confirm my suspicions.

Okey dokey :smile:
Reply 38
Yes, obviously you will always see what mistakes you made and regret them, like with any other interview I suppose. I was extremely happy with my first interview, I knew it was very good overall, but I cried and cried and cried over the second one - which just happened to be a little less good, according to my DOS. The thing you need to remember is that a lot of the questions they will ask you (at least for the arts) don't have single "right " answer - it's all about how you argue and think - and that they will try to push you to your limits by challenging what you say and asking you increasingly difficult questions, so obviously you won't get everything right.
Llamaaa

LMAO! remind me to rep!

Latest

Trending

Trending