The Student Room Group

RCA 2023 Applications Round 2

Hi, wondering if anyone has applied for the second round at rca x

Scroll to see replies

I applied for second round(Painting) and was wondering how would the acceptance rate be on the round two compared to round 1..
I applied for the second round as well (Innovation Design Engineering), what about you?

I'm honestly so so nervous :afraid: At first I was on the fence about whether or not I even wanted to do the degree and just decided to apply to see what would happen (hence, the round 2 application), but after creating the portfolio and filling out the application, I realised how much I really want it :biggrin:

Anyways, good luck everyone!:rave:
Original post by Benthicendling
I applied for the second round as well (Innovation Design Engineering), what about you?

I'm honestly so so nervous :afraid: At first I was on the fence about whether or not I even wanted to do the degree and just decided to apply to see what would happen (hence, the round 2 application), but after creating the portfolio and filling out the application, I realised how much I really want it :biggrin:

Anyways, good luck everyone!:rave:

I feel you!! Literally can relate to everything you said! My BA dissertation deadline was on the same day as the 1st round deadline as well so I felt like applying for the 2nd round was the best option… but now I’m just so nervous especially seeing people getting results from the 1st round haha :bubbles:
but yeah all the best of luck to you too!! :heart:
Original post by painterjj
I applied for second round(Painting) and was wondering how would the acceptance rate be on the round two compared to round 1..

yes, I have been wondering the same :confused: my guess was they filled like 70% of spaces and left the rest for the last two rounds - but it’s nothing but a speculation of mine, it doesn’t seem like it’s an information they would share so I think we just have to hope for the best x
best of luck! :rose:
Hey there! I have also applied in the round 2 for MA Animation.

My portfolio took so long to finish, I literally submitted 3 hours before the deadline closed ! 💀

Anybody else here who's applied to animation?
Hello,

I applied for IDE Round 2 as well.
It was chaotic to finish the application.

are we going to have an interview? at least that's what I have heard.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone.
*fingers crossed*
Original post by Cactus_is_cute
Hello,

*fingers crossed*

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard too. Does anyone have any ideas about when they might send invites for interviews?
Hello,

*fingers crossed*

Original post by Benthicendling
Yeah that’s what I’ve heard too. Does anyone have any ideas about when they might send invites for interviews?

Oh really? I heard that the 2min video works as an interview replacement - but perhaps it’s only true for the 1st round?

I have been checking everyday - I haven’t heard anything back since the pebblepad submission but also would love to know if anyone has heard from them x
Original post by SaraMariers
Oh really? I heard that the 2min video works as an interview replacement - but perhaps it’s only true for the 1st round?

I have been checking everyday - I haven’t heard anything back since the pebblepad submission but also would love to know if anyone has heard from them x

So I had a chat with one of the tutors who had come and she explained the process and said for the IDE programme there's supposed to be an interview.

I am also hoping to know more but I haven't met a lot of people for IDE round 2 so not sure.
So I had a chat with one of the tutors who had come and she explained the process and said for the IDE programme there's supposed to be an interview.

I am also hoping to know more but I haven't met a lot of people for IDE round 2 so not sure.

Ah fair! Do you know anything about the chances of getting in? I can imagine they had more than enough applications in the 1st round so I am quite confused how the 2nd and 3rd one work
Honestly, same. I am also concerned. I imagine the chances are less but I think it's still good to be hopeful. you never know.

Ah fair! Do you know anything about the chances of getting in? I can imagine they had more than enough applications in the 1st round so I am quite confused how the 2nd and 3rd one work
Honestly, same. I am also concerned. I imagine the chances are less but I think it's still good to be hopeful. you never know.

Yeah definitely :yes:
n thank you, it’s really reassuring to talk to someone in the same position!
I feel the same. vvv grateful to have somebody to talk to. I am a so anxious right now. I don't know how I will be patient for such a long amount of time.
Yeah definitely :yes:
n thank you, it’s really reassuring to talk to someone in the same position!
I feel the same. vvv grateful to have somebody to talk to. I am a so anxious right now. I don't know how I will be patient for such a long amount of time.

Ikr! I’m sure we will find ourselves in the right place either way x
Have you applied anywhere else or only rca?
I have right now only applied here, I already have a bachelors in Industrial design and a lot of the masters courses out there have course structures that match what I already learned so.
What about you?
Ikr! I’m sure we will find ourselves in the right place either way x
Have you applied anywhere else or only rca?
I have right now only applied here, I already have a bachelors in Industrial design and a lot of the masters courses out there have course structures that match what I already learned so.
What about you?

Ah fair fair! Only another reason for them to take you in! :wink:
I have applied for Fine Art at Slade(UCL) as well.
I’ve been also considering Goldsmiths and CSM (did you consider any of those?)
RCA & Slade are my 1st choices tho so probably I would rather reapply next year if my application wasn’t successful this time round x
you are very kind.
Unfortunately for me CSM and Goldsmiths did not cover what I was hoping to learn and improve upon in my specialty.
They did not seem to help get me where I wanted to go.
So I did not consider them.

Ah fair fair! Only another reason for them to take you in! :wink:
I have applied for Fine Art at Slade(UCL) as well.
I’ve been also considering Goldsmiths and CSM (did you consider any of those?)
RCA & Slade are my 1st choices tho so probably I would rather reapply next year if my application wasn’t successful this time round x
Hello there! I applied for round 2, too. I'm just wondering if all applicants' status is "application submitted" on the portal or maybe it's only me. After receiving an email that my portfolio was accepted and will be submitted to round 2, there hasn't been any further response so far. I'm not sure mine got appropriately submitted and it makes me a bit anxious...:frown:
Hi, it's the same for me. I think you have to wait it out for some time. I am sure they would have a lot of applications to go through, so my best guess would be to wait for some time and then maybe contact them via email.
Original post by LEMONAC750
Hello there! I applied for round 2, too. I'm just wondering if all applicants' status is "application submitted" on the portal or maybe it's only me. After receiving an email that my portfolio was accepted and will be submitted to round 2, there hasn't been any further response so far. I'm not sure mine got appropriately submitted and it makes me a bit anxious...:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest