The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official: University of Warwick A101 Offer Holders Thread 2023

Hi Guys,

I know offers only just went out today but I can't seem to find an offer holders thread for Warwick GEM 2023 Entry Offer holders thread so I thought I'd make one. Just for everyone to get to know each other :smile: Hopefully, we can all meet each other and our cohort in September this year!

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh I just made a discussion for the same reason! I’ll delete it now though!

Anyways, I’m Dina. I graduated from Law over the summer. I have been working on a Paediatric Oncology ward for the last 4 years… it’s very tough but I love my job and will probably keep working there until it’s time to head to Warwick. I am so relieved I got an offer honestly as I didn’t think I would! Medicine is my dream and I can’t wait to start the course.

Outside of academics, I love music (singing, songwriting and playing the guitar & piano) and travelling. They are definitely two of my most favourite things in the world.

Definitely firming Warwick so hope to see a lot of you there!

Congratulations everyone on getting your offers!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by GradMendes
Ahhh I just made a discussion for the same reason! I’ll delete it now though!

Anyways, I’m Dina. I graduated from Law over the summer. I have been working on a Paediatric Oncology ward for the last 4 years… it’s very tough but I love my job and will probably keep working there until it’s time to head to Warwick. I am so relieved I got an offer honestly as I didn’t think I would! Medicine is my dream and I can’t wait to start the course.

Outside of academics, I love music (singing, songwriting and playing the guitar & piano) and travelling. They are definitely two of my most favourite things in the world.

Definitely firming Warwick so hope to see a lot of you there!

Congratulations everyone on getting your offers!

Don’t know why my last reply glitched but here’s a second go lol. Anyways, Hi Dina! I’m Mona :smile: I’m in my final year of Biomed here in the south west, definitely firming Warwick too so I’ll see you in September ☺️ I love music too! I play piano and I’m trying to learn the guitar haha but don’t get much time to pursue that. Other than music, art and my 2 cats are my whole world :smile:

And a big congratulations from me too for everyone receiving offers 🥳🥳🥳
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mdaudi302
Don’t know why my last reply glitched but here’s a second go lol. Anyways, Hi Dina! I’m Mona :smile: I’m in my final year of Biomed here in the south west, definitely firming Warwick too so I’ll see you in September ☺️ I love music too! I play piano and I’m trying to learn the guitar haha but don’t get much time to pursue that. Other than music, art and my 2 cats are my whole world :smile:

And a big congratulations from me too for everyone receiving offers 🥳🥳🥳

Also that’s amazing and we should totally do music together sometime! That’s so cool that you do art as well! I love that too :smile:

Good luck with Biomed, you can do it! And see you in September!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi I’m Alisha, I’m 24 :smile:

I studied criminology and graduated in 2020! I’ve worked as HCA and am currently a band 4 speech and language therapy assistant based on an acute stroke ward. I work at the trust that is partnered with Warwick- UHCW and love it!
This has been my dream for years and I honestly can’t believe it!
Reply 5
Hey everyone :smile: I'm Caitlyn and I'm 24, working as a clinical research scientist after graduating from a biology degree in Manchester. So pleased to have got an offer and can't wait to meet all of you!
I also play the piano, love fitness and have a rescue cat who is my baby.. 😂
Congrats everyone!!!
Reply 6
Original post by CaitD35
Hey everyone :smile: I'm Caitlyn and I'm 24, working as a clinical research scientist after graduating from a biology degree in Manchester. So pleased to have got an offer and can't wait to meet all of you!
I also play the piano, love fitness and have a rescue cat who is my baby.. 😂
Congrats everyone!!!

Are you still living in Manchester??
Hey guys, I'm Kate

Just finished an Msc in neuroscience and currently a band 5 community drug worker, but aside from that I teach at a dance studio in Nottingham
Excited for a move and looking forward to meeting everyone! Congrats on the offers guys
Reply 8
Hi guys! I’m Fraser
I graduated last august with a degree in pharmacology from the uni of bath, currently working as an HCA on intensive care in a tertiary care hospital in Liverpool which has been great, but I’m ready for the student life again lol. Nice to meet you all and congrats on the offers!
Hey guys! My name is Kerry! Graduated from BioMed back in 2016 and have been working as a Development Scientist since. I will be commuting from Oxford. So excited to meet you all 😊
Hey Guys!
I'm Meg, I'm in my last year of human bio at Glasgow. Due to COVID/online interviews, I've never actually been to Warwick ... Is anyone thinking of going into medic halls?
Reply 11
Original post by megangoodee
Hey Guys!
I'm Meg, I'm in my last year of human bio at Glasgow. Due to COVID/online interviews, I've never actually been to Warwick ... Is anyone thinking of going into medic halls?

The campus is nice! The main campus is okay, not super modern or old, but the medical/health campus is really new and nice. It's about 5 mins walk from the main campus, through a mini woods! There's loads of cute spots to sit beside lakes and it's very chill. Plus there's a bus 15m to Coventry so you can do city stuff as well as having a proper student campus.

I think Tocil is the on campus accom for postgrads/GEM, but it's quite expensive for what you get (little room) so a lot of people are looking to share houses. There's a FB group for it if you wanna look! Called WMS Students House Search Group.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ren10
The campus is nice! The main campus is okay, not super modern or old, but the medical/health campus is really new and nice. It's about 5 mins walk from the main campus, through a mini woods! There's loads of cute spots to sit beside lakes and it's very chill. Plus there's a bus 15m to Coventry so you can do city stuff as well as having a proper student campus.

I think Tocil is the on campus accom for postgrads/GEM, but it's quite expensive for what you get (little room) so a lot of people are looking to share houses. There's a FB group for it if you wanna look! Called WMS Students House Search Group.

Ahh Thank you! still waiting for decisions so I'm not 100% sure if I'll end up in WMS but I'll defo check that out :smile:
Reply 13
Hi Guys!

My name is Georgia. I graduated in Birmingham and am currently a registered nurse on a hyper acute stroke ward there.

I play rugby in my spare time and I am starting a volunteer role as a children's learning support helper!

I look forward to meeting you all :smile: and congratulations!!!
Hi everyone, my name is Maddison and I'm in my final year of MedSci at Exeter. Congratulations and looking forward to meeting you all in the near future!
Reply 15
Hi everyone! I'm Tanya, currently in my final year of biomed at St Georges. Congratulations to everyone and hope to see you all in September :smile:
What's everyone thinking of doing for accom? Not sure whether to go for halls or house share
Hey! Those of you that have accepted Warwick as your firm choice on UCAS, if you have received another offer did you put that as your insurance choice or did you not put one? Not sure if I’m overthinking things! Thank you 😊
Hi @Kerry.a.11 I was wondering the same thing...

Also - is there a deadline to accept the offer from Warwick if we are waiting to hear back from other unis?

Thanks all! :h:
Hi everybody! My name is Georgina, I graduated from doing biomed at chester in 2021.
I'm in the same boat of never having visited Warwick so wondering what everyone's going to do for accommodation.
Also congrats everyone and cant wait to meet you all!
Hi everyone, my name is Esther I am in my final year of biomed at Essex
I also have never visited Warwick but I am considering living on campus in tocil
I cant wait to meet everyone in person later this year.

Quick Reply

Latest