The Student Room Group

Official Swansea A101 2023 Offer Holders Thread

Hey everyone. Thought I’d make an offer holders thread for us. Got an offer last night and am immensely excited.

Scroll to see replies

Major congrats to everyone ☺️
Does anyone know the situation with accomodation? I've seen that some unis house GEM students together in accom, I'm worried about living with 18 year olds again haha! I know some people will be commuting but that's not an option for me
Original post by Gradmedicine2023
Does anyone know the situation with accomodation? I've seen that some unis house GEM students together in accom, I'm worried about living with 18 year olds again haha! I know some people will be commuting but that's not an option for me

Ahahaha no way I’m living with halls again. One of my friends is living in Cardiff right now and we’re probably renting a house close to campus together since she works in medical research. I would be down to live with other gem students but my only problem is I have a cat and don’t want to force a pet on people.
Anyone else still not quite believing they got an offer? I’m still in shock.
Original post by arobrusker
Ahahaha no way I’m living with halls again. One of my friends is living in Cardiff right now and we’re probably renting a house close to campus together since she works in medical research. I would be down to live with other gem students but my only problem is I have a cat and don’t want to force a pet on people.

Umm a cat is a bonus more than anything to me 😂
Umm a cat is a bonus more than anything to me 😂

Ahahaha a lot of people aren’t into it. Is Swansea your first choice then?
Anyone else still not quite believing they got an offer? I’m still in shock.

Yh I know right. Woke up today and checked my phone to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Surreal feeling.

Anyone still got Nottingham interview to do? Personally I'll have to choose where I go after hearing back from Nottingham and St George's.

Yh I'd probs try and rent a house with other gem students.
Original post by dan_damn
Yh I know right. Woke up today and checked my phone to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Surreal feeling.

Anyone still got Nottingham interview to do? Personally I'll have to choose where I go after hearing back from Nottingham and St George's.

I just cancelled my Nottingham interview. Realistically, I wouldn’t go there over Swansea. Waiting to hear from St George’s and st Andrew’s before making a decision.
I am on the waiting list for Swansea! :frown: not sure how that is going to pan out… still got an interview for nottingham and waiting to hear back about my St Andrews interview!

I’m hoping to try get a room in a house with other GEM students, got friends who did that and love it
I just cancelled my Nottingham interview. Realistically, I wouldn’t go there over Swansea. Waiting to hear from St George’s and st Andrew’s before making a decision.

I've got an interview at notts and not sure whether to just firm swansea or not.
Original post by Kencoby
I've got an interview at notts and not sure whether to just firm swansea or not.

Where do you wanna go to the most?
Reply 13
I have an interview for Nottingham too, I kind of want that as it’s closer to home 🙈 but either way seems I’ll be meeting a lot of you no matter which of the two universities I’m at 😂

Definitely very excited about this Swansea place though if Nottingham doesn’t pan out ☺️
Where do you wanna go to the most?

I can't lie I need to look a lot more at Nottingham, I haven't really looked too much at it compared to Swansea because we spent so long waiting for the interview date I only bothered with preparing for Swansea.
Original post by Kencoby
I can't lie I need to look a lot more at Nottingham, I haven't really looked too much at it compared to Swansea because we spent so long waiting for the interview date I only bothered with preparing for Swansea.

I say definitely do the interview and hear back from Notts before firming Swansea. Could be you get an offer there and ultimately decide on it, either way you would have two options :smile:
Original post by jks
I have an interview for Nottingham too, I kind of want that as it’s closer to home 🙈 but either way seems I’ll be meeting a lot of you no matter which of the two universities I’m at 😂

Definitely very excited about this Swansea place though if Nottingham doesn’t pan out ☺️

Same, I'm leaning towards Nottingham as it's closer to my family and girlfriend but Swansea looks so good that I'm already very pleased.
Ahahaha a lot of people aren’t into it. Is Swansea your first choice then?

I've received an offer from Ulster so I'm weighing up the both of them! I adore Swansea but Ulster would be cheaper since I'm an Irish student ☺️
Well done everyone! I'm waiting on SGUL and still got Notts to do, but I think I'd choose Swansea over Notts... Little bit surprised that Nottingham GEM course is basically done in Derby, and that's where most people choose to live!
I'd back getting a house with GEM students
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 19
Same, I'm leaning towards Nottingham as it's closer to my family and girlfriend but Swansea looks so good that I'm already very pleased.

Same but I’ve never been to Wales in my life but it looks so enticing, that might be because I’ve researched it so much for the interview 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending