The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Studies in Budapest/Warsaw

Hey!

I am currently in the process of applying to Veterinary Medicine Universities and hoping to start 2023. Right now I am leaning towards either Budapest or Poland. As at least Budapest is quite expensive to apply to I would like to hear your views on University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest and Warsaw University of Life Sciences if you have studied or currently are studying there. I have seen a few negative comments on Budapest, but thought I'd ask again to get more up to date views on both universities, regarding both living there and what it is like to study at the university. Any info would be helpful whether negative or positive. I know we all experience things differently so what you have experienced might not be what others have experienced, but would be interesting to hear anyway.

Thanks!!
(Original post by Wisén)Hey!

I am currently in the process of applying to Veterinary Medicine Universities and hoping to start 2023. Right now I am leaning towards either Budapest or Poland. As at least Budapest is quite expensive to apply to I would like to hear your views on University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest and Warsaw University of Life Sciences if you have studied or currently are studying there. I have seen a few negative comments on Budapest, but thought I'd ask again to get more up to date views on both universities, regarding both living there and what it is like to study at the university. Any info would be helpful whether negative or positive. I know we all experience things differently so what you have experienced might not be what others have experienced, but would be interesting to hear anyway.

Thanks!!

Hello Wisen,
When I was doing research on paper the Budapest school appeared as the top choice but once I got there it was anything but nice. From the staff, the help, the area around the school, etc. Don't get me wrong the tourist area is great but everything else in regards to your education and comfort in the school is far from that. I made a post awhile back in regards to my experience and to try and help others not experience the same issues and stresses I had.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7033838&p=95292498#post95292498
I hope this helps, and best of luck,
Hobbit hound
Reply 2
Hi, Hobbit Hound!
Thank you for your reply. I have just read your other post. I’m sorry that it was such a bad experience for you, sounds awful.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Original post by Wisén
Hi, Hobbit Hound!
Thank you for your reply. I have just read your other post. I’m sorry that it was such a bad experience for you, sounds awful.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

No worries. My goal with telling my experience is to try and prevent others from experiencing similar problems. I know of a few students who have been there since and only complaints regarding the university with a few leaving in the past year to go to other universities.
If you wish to read up on more experiences you can see the other posts I've messaged on or search up Budapest Veterinary. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6736714
Best wishes,
Original post by Wisén
Hey!

Thanks!!

Hi Wisen,

I am going to study Veterinary Medicine in Warsaw starting September 2023! Obviously, I checked every single option in Europe to study vet med in English (just like you probably). The course in Warsaw will take 5.5 years which is 1 semester shorter than in most veterinary schools in Europe. Also, the tuition fee is more affordable compared to Budapest (€8,400 vs. €12,500-ish). The application process via IMS went smoothly. They are truly helpful. However, if I were you I’d apply asap because of the first come first serve basis. The applications have already been open since January. I don’t know what your situation is, but I am exempted from the entrance exam because I will graduate with a Bachelor in Life Sciences this year.

Hope this helps a little!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Hellosunshine12
Hi Wisen,

I am going to study Veterinary Medicine in Warsaw starting September 2023! Obviously, I checked every single option in Europe to study vet med in English (just like you probably). The course in Warsaw will take 5.5 years which is 1 semester shorter than in most veterinary schools in Europe. Also, the tuition fee is more affordable compared to Budapest (€8,400 vs. €12,500-ish). The application process via IMS went smoothly. They are truly helpful. However, if I were you I’d apply asap because of the first come first serve basis. The applications have already been open since January. I don’t know what your situation is, but I am exempted from the entrance exam because I will graduate with a Bachelor in Life Sciences this year.

Hope this helps a little!

Hey Hellosunshine12!

I didn't see your response until now, still trying to figure out how this website works haha, sorry.
Thank you so much for your response.
I did apply a while ago now “just in case”, and am actually in a similar situation to you! I’ve been provisionally accepted (need to upload enrolment documents) and was also exempted from the entrance exam, due to having studied natural sciences at uni last year.
Right now, it looks like I'll also be studying at SGGW starting 2023! You’re right, they have been so kind and helpful with the application process.

Congrats to your acceptance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending