The Student Room Group

R(D)SVS/**** Vet/Edinburgh 2023 vet entrants

Hey all! Starting this thread because I can't seem to find other applicants!

I'm an international student entering the GEP!
Original post by getthesalt

I believe UK offers haven’t gone out yet which is probably why no one has set up a chat yet

Heya!
I have a conditional offer for 5yr undergrad! Puzzling over accomodation at the moment...
Where are people thinking of picking? x
Original post by *redsquirrel*
Heya!
I have a conditional offer for 5yr undergrad! Puzzling over accomodation at the moment...
Where are people thinking of picking? x

def somewhere near the bus stops to campus, although that means sharing bathrooms :/ all the en suite ones are an hour away from the vet school though

i applied to three in newington and the two in warrender park, they seem close to bus stops and grocery stores so that’s nice
Original post by shin_ramyun
def somewhere near the bus stops to campus, although that means sharing bathrooms :/ all the en suite ones are an hour away from the vet school though

i applied to three in newington and the two in warrender park, they seem close to bus stops and grocery stores so that’s nice

Ah yeah, same thinking here. I applied in the Newington area and warrender park too :smile:
I read that these were also a bit less noisy too which is good.
Reply 5
Original post by shin_ramyun

Hi i'll be going for the 5yr course and i'm just wondering how are yall fine with sharing bathroom? I was planning to find an ensuite rm even if it takes an hr to go to sch bcs im scared i'll end up sharing the bathroom w ppl who make the bathroom nasty :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Sky067
Hi i'll be going for the 5yr course and i'm just wondering how are yall fine with sharing bathroom? I was planning to find an ensuite rm even if it takes an hr to go to sch bcs im scared i'll end up sharing the bathroom w ppl who make the bathroom nasty :frown:

Based on what they said during the accoms briefing, the toilets are cleaned daily so that isn't so bad
Reply 7
Based on what they said during the accoms briefing, the toilets are cleaned daily so that isn't so bad

When I checked the sch's website for accomodation, e.g newington place stated they only assist cleaning the bathroom fortnightly. Maybe the cleaned daily applys solely to pollock halls?
Btw my current options are self-catered, ensuite rms at haddington, shrubhill etc
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sky067

it’s kind of a compromise. I’d really hate two hour long commutes everyday. Most people stay in shared accommodation for their first year and they say it’s not that bad. Anyhow I’ll stay prepared for the worst ><
Yeah, I chose the south side of Edinburgh to avoid long commute. If you look on forums, you can try an suss out which shared accommodation has the best facilities/ tends to be quieter and cleaner from past students experiences. A lot of what I read is to avoid cowgate if you don't like noise/messy streets because that is where a lot of nightclubs are 😆
Oh, I must have misheard then!

My bad!

Original post by Sky067
When I checked the sch's website for accomodation, e.g newington place stated they only assist cleaning the bathroom fortnightly. Maybe the cleaned daily applys solely to pollock halls?
Btw my current options are self-catered, ensuite rms at haddington, shrubhill etc
Anyway, I started a Whatsapp group for the those coming into the GEP programme! If you're interested in joining, do drop me a DM!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending