The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Fine Art Interviews 2023

Hello all! I submitted my portfolio for the fine art BA at central saint martins at the beginning of February but I have not yet received an interview invitation and I’m worried I have been rejected? Anyone in the same situation or know by when they send out interview invitations?
Hi I just received an invite yesterday, good luck!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I've just received an invite, do you know if you need your physical portfolio to hand in the online interviews, the email I got wasn't clear.

Original post by sketchy27
Hi I just received an invite yesterday, good luck!
Original post by S.r.t.a
I've just received an invite, do you know if you need your physical portfolio to hand in the online interviews, the email I got wasn't clear.

Hi, had mine this week. No, they look at the digital portfolio you handed in and ask about that
Reply 4
Hi, had mine this week. No, they look at the digital portfolio you handed in and ask about that

Thanks, that's great I was really worried I was going to have to hold my pieces up to the camera😅

May I ask what the questions were like? Did they go through the portfolio image by image asking questions?
Original post by S.r.t.a
Thanks, that's great I was really worried I was going to have to hold my pieces up to the camera😅

May I ask what the questions were like? Did they go through the portfolio image by image asking questions?

So I was asked 4 questions by one of the course tutors who had access to my portfolio while we were talking
Why this particular course
Pick one of my pieces from my portfolio and speak about its importance/the process
Speak about a (I think he said cultural reference?) or an artist who inspires my work
What is important for them to know about my practice

Then gave time for me to ask questions and it was over in 20 minutes. It was really chill but tbh I have no idea whether I flunked it or not 😬 because I answered them pretty quickly

Good luck!!
Reply 6
So I was asked 4 questions by one of the course tutors who had access to my portfolio while we were talking
Why this particular course
Pick one of my pieces from my portfolio and speak about its importance/the process
Speak about a (I think he said cultural reference?) or an artist who inspires my work
What is important for them to know about my practice

Then gave time for me to ask questions and it was over in 20 minutes. It was really chill but tbh I have no idea whether I flunked it or not 😬 because I answered them pretty quickly

Good luck!!

Thank you and I hope all goes well with your application, I don't think quicker answers are an issue at all, if anything them being concise and without filler will help them remember the important info about your practice.
Original post by lollielo
Hello all! I submitted my portfolio for the fine art BA at central saint martins at the beginning of February but I have not yet received an interview invitation and I’m worried I have been rejected? Anyone in the same situation or know by when they send out interview invitations?

Same here! I haven't been asked for an interview yet but they may still be going through all the applications. Pls let me know if you've had yours yet, and good luck!!
Original post by S.r.t.a
Thank you and I hope all goes well with your application, I don't think quicker answers are an issue at all, if anything them being concise and without filler will help them remember the important info about your practice.

Thank you. It must have gone better than I thought as I have been given an offer!
Reply 9
Thank you. It must have gone better than I thought as I have been given an offer!

Hey! Congrats!!! Could you tell me how long after the interview you heard back from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending