The Student Room Group

fashion design schools in europe?

Hi! My name is Sophia and I'm a high school student in the US. I would like to study fashion design / textile design somewhere in Europe for a reasonable tuition fee (I'm trying to escape the outrageous prices and quality of education here in the states). If anyone has any experiences or suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by sophiaroma2
Hi! My name is Sophia and I'm a high school student in the US. I would like to study fashion design / textile design somewhere in Europe for a reasonable tuition fee (I'm trying to escape the outrageous prices and quality of education here in the states). If anyone has any experiences or suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Hi, I don't know which types of school you're looking for specifically, but in the UK, unis under UAL are good for fashion (Specifically London College of Fashion and Central Saint Martins for UAL), and Kingston University was rated No. 1 uni in London for fashion this year, which is a uni I've applied to for a similar course, so I recommend that :smile:

London has a lot of design schools, but I've seen a few courses for schools in France and Italy if you would rather go more international, but I think it's a slightly more complicated to apply for those lol
(edited 11 months ago)
Awesome goal! You might want to check out universities in Germany - they offer affordable tuition fees and excellent design programs. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by sophiaroma2

Good luck! I wish you all the best :smile:
The figures below might not be 100% accurate but I thought I would get a basic list for you)

England (typically 3 year degree programs, $30,000 per year for international students):
- Central Saint Martins (London)
- London College of Fashion
- Royal College of Art (London)

Italy:
- Istituto Marangoni ($20,000 per year - it also has 3 campuses, Milan, Paris and London)
- Politecnico di Milano ($3,000 per year)

France:
- Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne ($15,000) (usually requires a lot of design experience due to its prestige)
- ESMOD ($10,000) per year

Quick Reply

Latest