The Student Room Group

Career prospects in Kingston’s BA Fashion and any other top fashion courses in UK

I've been admitted to several undergraduate fashion courses, including Kingston's BA Fashion. Recently, I came across an article discussing career prospects after completing fashion courses in the UK: ‘UK fashion schools top global rankings, but are their students ready for work?’ (https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/24/fashion-school-ranking-students-central-saint-martins-csm). Although the article is from 2015, I am still concerned about job opportunities and advancing my career in the fashion industry.

The article mentions a lack of business courses at Central Saint Martins (CSM), as well as career support including many other schools, raising my concerns about the coverage of essential skills and not being able to find an adequate job even with good proficiency. While this may not represent the consensus, I'm interested in finding detailed career statistics for recent graduates from top fashion courses or information about the companies where some of these graduates have been employed.

If there are any websites or first-hand experiences you could share, it would be greatly appreciated.
Have you looked at the information for your chosen courses on discover uni? That’s detailed information about what graduates are doing, the types of jobs and the industries worked in and how relevant their degrees are to their current work.
Reply 2
Hey, I just came across that website! Thank you for the information, I’m in the process of comparing courses.

Quick Reply

Latest