The Student Room Group

Spanish A level writing help

I do AQA Spanish A-level and our teachers haven't given us much information about the writing exam and online I can't find much either - the mark schemes aren't that helpful. Does anyone have any tips to help? I do LDF and LCBA
I would say identify the key themes or ideas for each (i.e. LCBA would be repression, gossip, social class etc), then try to find quotes/techniques/symbols that portray each one. There are a fair few quizlet sets that might help with quotes, or if you have the patience you could make your own.

If you're worried about remembering points then focus on quotes etc that can be used to discuss more than one theme, and I would say make sure you have at least one strong example for each theme.

In my experience the questions rarely deviate from being about either:
1) A key theme
2) A character
or 3) a technique

And take this with a pinch of salt because I have no evidence for it, but it seems to me that theme based questions occur the most, so you might get two questions about different themes, but you are extremely unlikely to get two questions about different techniques if that makes sense.

Also if you can I would highly recommend buying the Hodder Education study guides for each work, they break everything down really well and have lots of practice essay questions in them. Trust me, I didn't do nearly enough revision for my writing exams last year, and those really saved my life a couple of days before the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending