The Student Room Group

is Spanish A level easier than French

Original post by tara nathan

depends on what you like better. both are challenging especially grade boundaries my friend does both and they love them but sometimes finds french easier
Reply 2

On AQA, A-Level Spanish is 85% for an A* grade and 73% for an A grade. Where as, for A-Level French, also on AQA, it is as low as 69% for an A grade and 78% for an A* grade. This proves, A-Level Spanish is easier than A-Level French. :smile:
Reply 3
I don’t know if Spanish is easier than French but at my kids International school in France they all choose Spanish as the easy option ML
Reply 4
Thank you! Ive also heard that there are fewer applicants at Uni for French and it may be easier to get into a top Uni with an A or even a B.
Im looking at a combination degree and will be doing Economics or management along with French or Spanish if possible

Original post by thegeek888
On AQA, A-Level Spanish is 85% for an A* grade and 73% for an A grade. Where as, for A-Level French, also on AQA, it is as low as 69% for an A grade and 78% for an A* grade. This proves, A-Level Spanish is easier than A-Level French. :smile:
Reply 5
There are conflicting vies as some say that Spanish gets harder during the last year of A levels
Original post by Euapp
I don’t know if Spanish is easier than French but at my kids International school in France they all choose Spanish as the easy option ML
Reply 6
Both and I want to get into a good Uni and will probably do both at Uni but right now I dont want to do 2 languages for A level as I want to do Maths and have been advised to do an essay based subject in case I want to do a combination degree
Original post by arch17
depends on what you like better. both are challenging especially grade boundaries my friend does both and they love them but sometimes finds french easier
Reply 7
There are conflicting vies as some say that Spanish gets harder during the last year of A levels

I think it’s very individual.
Reply 8

Just look online at the past paper questions!!! :biggrin: Do you know the novel text and film you'll do for A-Level Spanish yet? Because the essays are worth 10% each of your Paper 2 - Writing?! :s-smilie: lol :frown:
Reply 9
will do. thank you

Original post by thegeek888
Just look online at the past paper questions!!! :biggrin: Do you know the novel text and film you'll do for A-Level Spanish yet? Because the essays are worth 10% each of your Paper 2 - Writing?! :s-smilie: lol :frown:
Reply 10

Heya!
It depends on which one you have done before and which one you find easier :h: if it helps, I recommend checking out some content and possibly some past papers to see what you will be doing, Study Mind should have them.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest