The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds chemistry

I am trying to decide between Nottingham and Leeds to study chemistry and I really cannot decide. can someone tell me is chemistry is good at Leeds? as I wasn't all that impressed on my offer holder day however I was impressed with Nottingham
Original post by stressedstudent/
I am trying to decide between Nottingham and Leeds to study chemistry and I really cannot decide. can someone tell me is chemistry is good at Leeds? as I wasn't all that impressed on my offer holder day however I was impressed with Nottingham

Then that is all you need. You don’t need anyone else’s viewpoints on the matter.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by stressedstudent/

Hi,

I am a current second year chemistry student at Leeds. I would recommend Leeds as a city and as a Uni but I wouldn't choose to study chemistry here. The chemistry department is quite outdated and the quality of teaching is continually getting worse as I have been going through my degree. From a students perspective it seems as if the department is failing to listen to any student feedback, many staff on my semester 2 modules do not seem to know how to teach and do not post any adiquate resources. First year was well taught so I have been left quite disappointed this year. One part that is taught well is the lab content but overall I would AVOID Leeds chemistry!! I am very stressed about my exams due to the poor teaching :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest