The Student Room Group

Which A level chemistry exam Board should I go for?

Hello, I’m self teaching A level chemistry and I’m debating on which exam board to pick from, it’s between OCR , AQA and edexcel, I can’t seem to find the right answer, I had this problem with maths but I figured which one to take but now I’m wondering the same for Chemistry. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me decide which one is the easiest for a private candidate:smile: thank you :smile:
Original post by Ikra0t
Hello, I’m self teaching A level chemistry and I’m debating on which exam board to pick from, it’s between OCR , AQA and edexcel, I can’t seem to find the right answer, I had this problem with maths but I figured which one to take but now I’m wondering the same for Chemistry. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me decide which one is the easiest for a private candidate:smile: thank you :smile:

I’d probably recommend narrowing it down to AQA or OCR A, since both have an abundance of resources available. I did Edexcel and the number of resources available for it were comparatively minuscule. I can also assure you that OCR B has very few resources available and from my experience of using their past papers, they have more stringent marking criteria.

The best way to compare the exam boards is to compare their specifications and to compare some of the resources available.
Reply 2
Original post by TypicalNerd
I’d probably recommend narrowing it down to AQA or OCR A, since both have an abundance of resources available. I did Edexcel and the number of resources available for it were comparatively minuscule. I can also assure you that OCR B has very few resources available and from my experience of using their past papers, they have more stringent marking criteria.

The best way to compare the exam boards is to compare their specifications and to compare some of the resources available.

Oooo thank you so much I really appreciate this, I definitely would take the board that has lots of materials

Quick Reply

Latest