The Student Room Group

chemistry revision

My chemistry teacher isn't good at teaching, she just opens up a powerpoint and goes through it but it doesn't get into my head and I have my year 12 chemistry mocks in three days. Everything I know from AS chemistry is from my own revision. But I don't know what to do to get good grades for the mocks because all the revision I've done feels incomplete. Should I just go through past papers since its in three days?
Original post by com3t
My chemistry teacher isn't good at teaching, she just opens up a powerpoint and goes through it but it doesn't get into my head and I have my year 12 chemistry mocks in three days. Everything I know from AS chemistry is from my own revision. But I don't know what to do to get good grades for the mocks because all the revision I've done feels incomplete. Should I just go through past papers since its in three days?

For the time being, absolutely use past papers, but make sure to mark them and identify your weakest topics. Then use youtube videos and the notes for your exam board on physics and maths tutor to improve your understanding of your worst topics.

For the following exam boards, I’d recommend:

AQA: Chris Clay, Eliot Rintoul
OCR A: MaChemGuy, Mr Murray-Green Chemistry Tutorials
All exam boards: Allery Chemistry, Mr Davies A level chemistry

More long-term strategies that should be of some use, especially next year:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
thank you!! that really helped.

(Original post by TypicalNerd)For the time being, absolutely use past papers, but make sure to mark them and identify your weakest topics. Then use youtube videos and the notes for your exam board on physics and maths tutor to improve your understanding of your worst topics.

For the following exam boards, I’d recommend:

AQA: Chris Clay, Eliot Rintoul
OCR A: MaChemGuy, Mr Murray-Green Chemistry Tutorials
All exam boards: Allery Chemistry, Mr Davies A level chemistry

More long-term strategies that should be of some use, especially next year:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790
Original post by com3t
always past papers for chemistry
Reply 4
Original post by Huda_mah_
always past papers for chemistry

Yes, you need to focus on past papers and create flashcards. It's hard work. ALevels.ai is also a really useful tool. It tracks your progress and has a flashcard tool. It gives you a methodical approach to revision so you know what you have covered and where your weaknesses are.

Quick Reply

Latest