The Student Room Group

I am about to fail my first year of uni and i am depressed

Yes, I feel down and disappointed. The last time I experienced depression was while I was in secondary school, and it took me two years to recover. Now it's happening once again.
First off, I'm about to fail my first year of university. I was always told that it would be easy and not to worry too much about it, but I guess I exaggerated.
I do accounting and finance and totally there are only 6 modules, but i know deep down in my heart that i am going to fail alteast 3 modules. This is tearing me apart and often causes me to cry in the middle of the night because I feel like I should have studied harder and paid closer attention in class, but I didn't. In addition, I attend a university that wasn't even my top pick. I sometimes feel sad because all of my friends—including my sister—attend the university that I've always wanted to attend. There, life is surely joyful because I'm convinced that all of my buddies from sixth form go there.
I rarely get depressed but this one is really hitting me harder and i can't really talk about it with my parents because they just gonna say "get on with it" plus I'm a guy too so my mum is gonna say "man up abit" 😅.
The thing is during my whole life i was motivated by someone, it was my friends, my teacher or the whole environment. This time is just null, there nothing that motivates anymore, i have no friends in the uni that i go and i have zero interest in the teachers and plus the placement of the uni is disgusting and far. I wish i could go back in time in Sixth Form era, cuz in my opinion it was the peak of my social life 😅😅.
Jokes apart, i indeed have interest in the subject but due to my procastination is killing me, the past version of me was never like this, i was always excited to learn and discover. How am i gonna overcome this situation?
The only one who can understand you and take care of you, is you, yourself
So you must take care of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest