The Student Room Group

Antidepressants

I crashed on and off them last term before deciding to stop. A while ago I had another appointment with a GP and she said it would be good if I started another one. So she gave me some sertraline and I started yesterday. Now I barely want to move, I don't want to eat anymore. Should I just stop again?
Original post by Anonymous
I crashed on and off them last term before deciding to stop. A while ago I had another appointment with a GP and she said it would be good if I started another one. So she gave me some sertraline and I started yesterday. Now I barely want to move, I don't want to eat anymore. Should I just stop again?

I think speak with your GP on this one. Antidepressants are very “it’s worse before it gets better”, so maybe you just need to persevere? That being said, if it gets far too hard to deal with, you might need to consider another route of dealing with whatever has you on antidepressants in the first place. Don’t just go cold turkey though - could definitely make it much worse.

Talk to your GP!!! TSR is not the place for star medical advice :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

SSRIs, and many other medications, take time to get into your system and begin working effectively. GPs tend to recommend giving any new medication at least a month to give them time to work. Has your GP suggested any other form of treatment, such as talking therapy?

Quick Reply

Latest