The Student Room Group

Could I have AuDHD?

Hi there,

I've recently started thinking about the possibility I have ASD, ADHD, or both. I do have a genetic predisposition for both with ADHD in a few members on my dad's side and my bio mother and half-brother as well as a few likely undiagnosed with ASD.
I'm frequently asked if I do have it and told I should probably get tested.
Out of curiosity I did a few of those assessment tools on the embrace autism website and my scores have kinda told me everything I need to know:

RAADS-R: total = 191, language = 17, social relatedness = 82, sensory/motor = 55, circumscribed interests = 37
AQ = 45
CAT-Q: total = 151, compensation = 53, masking = 45, assimilation = 53

I'm not quite sure what I should do next because there's always a chance I don't have it/them and there's something else going on and I think I'd like to know if that's the case.
I know I should talk to my parents about it but I'm really anxious about that given some difficulties with my bio mother and her ASD.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
First step is speaking to your parents about how your feeling (if your comfortable with it, obviously it is very nervracking but hopefully it will come out okay)
If you are over 16 you can speak to your GP without any parents needing to know
However during the assessment they speak to an informant so it's advised that you take a parent or someone who has known you since birth
Good Luck
Also the ADHD and ASD assessment are done at the same time due to the high cross over so being assessed for one will do the other (not all private do it together)

Quick Reply

Latest