The Student Room Group

Deadline for industrial placement

Its about to turn April, and by the title of this post you may be able to tell that I am currently still looking for a placement. It's my fault that I didn't pull my finger out sooner, but I have been quite diligently applying over the past few weeks.

I really do want to get a placement, I'm a second year comp sci student with work experience (completed an engineering apprenticeship, and last summer I went back there for 8 weeks writing some software with some hardware maintenance guys, it sounds a lot better than it really was but it definitely helped me a lot). Many of the companies would have shut their application process by now so its not likely that I can get a 12 month placement (though Im still trying), and Im applying for summer internships also.

Im applying for both software development internships, data analysis internships, and even a few automation/sre/devops internships that I found (which is the sort of thing I want to do as a career).

I know there isnt much to say other than keep applying, but I would just be very grateful if anyone could help put my mind at ease that I havent missed the boat yet!
Original post by hss_1212
Its about to turn April, and by the title of this post you may be able to tell that I am currently still looking for a placement. It's my fault that I didn't pull my finger out sooner, but I have been quite diligently applying over the past few weeks.

I really do want to get a placement, I'm a second year comp sci student with work experience (completed an engineering apprenticeship, and last summer I went back there for 8 weeks writing some software with some hardware maintenance guys, it sounds a lot better than it really was but it definitely helped me a lot). Many of the companies would have shut their application process by now so its not likely that I can get a 12 month placement (though Im still trying), and Im applying for summer internships also.

Im applying for both software development internships, data analysis internships, and even a few automation/sre/devops internships that I found (which is the sort of thing I want to do as a career).

I know there isnt much to say other than keep applying, but I would just be very grateful if anyone could help put my mind at ease that I havent missed the boat yet!

https://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/

https://www.gradcracker.com/search/computing-technology/work-placements-internships

Plenty still out there ... check with your uni too.

Agree with Muttley79, definitely check out the gradcracker.com , I found it to be one of the best sources to look for internships.
You could also scan LinkedIn jobs as well, some companies tend to advertise there.

Don't loose your hope, there's plenty of opportunity still.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you everone for helping, since making this post I have applied to quite a few and have had a few responses for online tests
Thank you everone for helping, since making this post I have applied to quite a few and have had a few responses for online tests

Hi!

Well done for getting through to the next stages with your applications!

There are still placement opportunities available well into June so don't worry there is still plenty of time! The websites others have linked are great places to find opportunities and I used Rate my Placement lots while applying to placement years myself! Your university career department may also be able to help you find opportunities as they are usually aware of who is currently advertising.

Good luck with your applications!
- Florence (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending