The Student Room Group

Course confusion

Computer science bs in liverpool uni says the course offers a year abroad, a placement year, a year in china, language studies that you can pick from.
Then there is a course about computer science and a placement in the indutry. If i pick this course, does that mean i am guanateed to have aplacement year?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Computer science bs in liverpool uni says the course offers a year abroad, a placement year, a year in china, language studies that you can pick from.
Then there is a course about computer science and a placement in the indutry. If i pick this course, does that mean i am guanateed to have aplacement year?

I believe for all universities, doing a year abroad/placement year depends on your grades.

I study Software Engineering at Uni of Leicester and even if we applied and got accepted for the Year in Industry course, we need to achieve 55% in Year 1 and Year 2 to be able to do it, if we don't we automatically swap back onto the normal 3 year course.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

I believe placements years are conditional on acheving certain grades. I think there is a difference between a placement year abroad and a placement year in industry (my University offers this in the UK, and I am not sure if this would be the case for Liverpool.)

Perhaps you could try to get in touch with their admissions team just to confirm. They would be able to clarify your course options. :smile:

I hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there,

So there is the possiblity for a placement year, but it is your responsibility to apply and secure a placement within industry. However, there is support and assistance to do so availbile form the CareerStudio at the University and your department may have connections to support your getting a placement.

I hope this is useful 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending