The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever watched 2 movies straight after the other at the cinema?

I really want to watch 2 movies one after the other because I don't have the time to watch them on separate days but I've never done it before. Do people actually do that? I feel like if I did then the person checking my tickets would look at me weirdly. And if I did do it do I need to show both tickets together. Because when I'm planning of going, when the first movie ends then 10 mins later the next one will start or do I have to show the second one before the second movie starts?
Original post by Anonymusy
I really want to watch 2 movies one after the other because I don't have the time to watch them on separate days but I've never done it before. Do people actually do that? I feel like if I did then the person checking my tickets would look at me weirdly. And if I did do it do I need to show both tickets together. Because when I'm planning of going, when the first movie ends then 10 mins later the next one will start or do I have to show the second one before the second movie starts?

In all likelihood, you'd need to show the first ticket to see the first movie, then leave the "screen" room (not the building itself) and show the second ticket for the second movie. Most cinemas have multiple screens anyway, and even if it so happened that the two movies you wanted to watch were on the same screen, you'd have to leave the room anyway to allow the cleaning team in.
My mum has but no it’s always been something I’ve thought of doing tho
Sounds exhausting honestly, even if they're strictly 90 minute films you're probably looking at 4 hours in the cinema! If they're 2 hour + monstrosities (as most films these days seem to be...editing is a lost art in the age of "auteur" directors apparently) then you may well be in there for 6 or 7 hours :redface:
I used to do it a lot as a child on holiday. The small town I stayed in had an open air cinema where it would often show two films in a row and most people would stay for both.
Double bills are still a thing occasionally... that's when the cinema screens two films one after the other on the same screen and you only need one ticket.

That's the only way I've ever done it

usually the films are chosen because they're by the same director or part of a series... or just thematically linked in some way
No, always just one, if I am in a cinema to watch a film ocasionally.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Update: I watched two movies in one day. I showed my first ticket before the first movie and watched it then went back to the ticket person and showed my second ticket for the second movie which was due to start 10 mins after the first one but it was in a different screen room. Thankfully the person who checked the ticket was different, in fact all the people working there were different so I doubt anyone noticed I watched two movies. I think I was at the cinema for under 6 hours. The first movie was under 2 hours and the second movie was under 3 hours.
Update: I watched two movies in one day. I showed my first ticket before the first movie and watched it then went back to the ticket person and showed my second ticket for the second movie which was due to start 10 mins after the first one but it was in a different screen room. Thankfully the person who checked the ticket was different, in fact all the people working there were different so I doubt anyone noticed I watched two movies. I think I was at the cinema for under 6 hours. The first movie was under 2 hours and the second movie was under 3 hours.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

What movies did you see? Would you recommend them?
Reply 9
Original post by DataVenia
I'm glad it worked out for you.

What movies did you see? Would you recommend them?

Thanks. I'm glad it worked too and I will probably do it again as there always seems to be more than one movie I want to watch, it's better and cheaper to watch them on the same day then go on separate days as I have to use public transport to get there and it saves time. I watched 65 and Dungeons and Dragons Honour among thieves. They were both good, I would recommend watching them if you haven't already.
Thanks. I'm glad it worked too and I will probably do it again as there always seems to be more than one movie I want to watch, it's better and cheaper to watch them on the same day then go on separate days as I have to use public transport to get there and it saves time. I watched 65 and Dungeons and Dragons Honour among thieves. They were both good, I would recommend watching them if you haven't already.

I watched 65 last month, and very much enjoyed it. One of the "jump scares" in it was so effective that the person next to me (a family member who will remain nameless) slid almost entirely off their seat! Very amusing to witness. :smile:

I'll probably wait until Dungeons and Dragons Honour Among Thieves is it out on one of the streaming services.
Original post by DataVenia
I watched 65 last month, and very much enjoyed it. One of the "jump scares" in it was so effective that the person next to me (a family member who will remain nameless) slid almost entirely off their seat! Very amusing to witness. :smile:

I'll probably wait until Dungeons and Dragons Honour Among Thieves is it out on one of the streaming services.

That is funny. I wasn't affected by any of the jump scares me.

That's fine.
Original post by artful_lounger
Sounds exhausting honestly, even if they're strictly 90 minute films you're probably looking at 4 hours in the cinema! If they're 2 hour + monstrosities (as most films these days seem to be...editing is a lost art in the age of "auteur" directors apparently) then you may well be in there for 6 or 7 hours :redface:

yep I would be very exhausted watching back to back movies. too.

Quick Reply

Latest