The Student Room Group

Places to conduct online interviews/assessment centres

Are there physical, public places you can go where you have a small room to yourself to do online interviews/assessment centres? I ask since my home is often noisy which makes it difficult for me to conduct my interviews peacefully as I get worried my laptop microphone will pick up the background noise.
Original post by hazylazy
Are there physical, public places you can go where you have a small room to yourself to do online interviews/assessment centres? I ask since my home is often noisy which makes it difficult for me to conduct my interviews peacefully as I get worried my laptop microphone will pick up the background noise.

Hey @hazylazy :biggrin:

This highly depends on where you live and what establishments you have around your home, but a good example would be your local library. I'm pretty fortunate that I live in between two little towns that both have libraries. So if I feel my house is too noisy or active during the day, I can ask my local library for a room that I can borrow for a couple of hours to record videos and podcasts or do meetings if needed. I strongly suggest asking your local library if they have a spare room, if not, then you might find that just using the shared social space often has less background noise than being outside.

I hope this helps!!

Derrick
Reply 2
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hey @hazylazy :biggrin:

This highly depends on where you live and what establishments you have around your home, but a good example would be your local library. I'm pretty fortunate that I live in between two little towns that both have libraries. So if I feel my house is too noisy or active during the day, I can ask my local library for a room that I can borrow for a couple of hours to record videos and podcasts or do meetings if needed. I strongly suggest asking your local library if they have a spare room, if not, then you might find that just using the shared social space often has less background noise than being outside.

I hope this helps!!

Derrick

Yeah I've already contacted my local libraries. But the thing about using the shared spaces is that aren't you still meant to be quiet so it won't be possible to talk aloud?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending