The Student Room Group

How should I revise for GCSE German Orals?

I have a GCSE German Oral exam in less than 4 weeks, and I am very worried about how to revise for it. German is not my strong suit, and I really struggle thinking on the spot. I am pursuing a science-focussed path and German isn't massively helpful for me, so I just want to pass (a 6 would be preferable). Will memorising a few phrases for each topic that could come up on the roleplay/photocard be enough for a semi-decent grade on just the orals?
I think i made flashcards on every question they ask. I did aqa so idk if its the same for you but we had themes and we had like 10 questions per theme or something. So i made notes on all questions for the all themes and revised them all. Then i learnt all the vocab and good phrases in case i forgot something and then that would also help me at the end exam. But yh i found it quite good but then again i loved languages a lot. I would aim for high on orals coz it tends to be easier than the actual written exams so u can get a good score. Dont aim for decent, aim high. Im doing a science related degree at uni now and I honestly loved gcses. Just work hard kiddo.
Original post by candysweetener
I have a GCSE German Oral exam in less than 4 weeks, and I am very worried about how to revise for it. German is not my strong suit, and I really struggle thinking on the spot. I am pursuing a science-focussed path and German isn't massively helpful for me, so I just want to pass (a 6 would be preferable). Will memorising a few phrases for each topic that could come up on the roleplay/photocard be enough for a semi-decent grade on just the orals?

Heya!
The best way to prepare is by making sure you got answers for some potential questions written down and memorised :h: You could test yourself using flashcards or ask a friend to practice with you. Make sure you are confident in the answers!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest