The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Discover Durham Tours

for the Discover Durham Tours, if you go on Friday 14th and book to visit St. Johns. Because Collingwood is open that day does it mean you can visit Collingwood also?
Also, if you have booked on to see St Johns, do you get to see any of the other bailey collages?

So excited to see Durham, it looks amazing
Original post by Anonymous
for the Discover Durham Tours, if you go on Friday 14th and book to visit St. Johns. Because Collingwood is open that day does it mean you can visit Collingwood also?
Also, if you have booked on to see St Johns, do you get to see any of the other bailey collages?

I doubt you will get to see other Bailey Colleges if you have booked a visit to Johns (you would catch a glimpse of Hatfield, Castle and Chads as they're on the way to Johns). I would assume that other Bailey college's probably are booked for the open days, but I would recommend asking the porters or someone around the college if you could go see the college.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

There is a specific rota for different college tours. Each of them focuses on a different college and if you book a bailey college, it would kinda fall outside the route to go to most of the hill colleges (except Mary's and Grey I assume, which you may be able to see from the outside). You wouldn't be able to see any of the other colleges in depth except the one you've booked on. It's unlikely you'd be able to hop onto another tour, however, you can always discuss this with your tour guide and they can decide whether it will be a feasible option. People from the recruitment team will be available on the day for you so you can always ask them as well.

-Himieka
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest