The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Revision

Hi,
I am taking GCSE Geography and am currently in Year 10. The first week back after the Easter break I will be taking an end of years exam. Could anyone please tell me how to revise for Geography?
Many thanks in advance.
Original post by stressedchild
Hi,
I am taking GCSE Geography and am currently in Year 10. The first week back after the Easter break I will be taking an end of years exam. Could anyone please tell me how to revise for Geography?
Many thanks in advance.

In my opinon, what helped me get an A in Geography - obviously this depends on your exam board - but firstly ensure you have the knowledge. You can consolidate your knowledge through summarising what you have learnt after every lesson, using flashcards and mindmaps. Blurting is one of the best methods of active recall that I would highly recommend. After you feel you have the knowledge on your topics, you should practice applying it. Answer exam questions. Then get them marked and redo them to get higher marks. One you feel as you know how to answer a large range of questions - and well - then start to do the papers in timed conditions.
Original post by pips1242
In my opinon, what helped me get an A in Geography - obviously this depends on your exam board - but firstly ensure you have the knowledge. You can consolidate your knowledge through summarising what you have learnt after every lesson, using flashcards and mindmaps. Blurting is one of the best methods of active recall that I would highly recommend. After you feel you have the knowledge on your topics, you should practice applying it. Answer exam questions. Then get them marked and redo them to get higher marks. One you feel as you know how to answer a large range of questions - and well - then start to do the papers in timed conditions.

Thank you for the help. xx
Original post by stressedchild
Thank you for the help. xx

No worries, good luck you'll do amazing! x

Quick Reply

Latest