The Student Room Group

i feel really disillusioned and depressed

i’ve been doing my alevels for about 6 months now and i’m realising that i really hate education, i always feel like i’m not good enough and i feel so pressured to do well all of the time, i’ve been feeling “happier” than usual lately as well and it’s still really hard to deal with sometimes, i’m back to using unhealthy coping mechanisms which doesn’t exactly help either and i just feel really overwhelmed, my favourite teacher who i always go to when i feel **** is leaving in July and i’m becoming distant from a lot of my friends who moved schools last September. i’m really sorry idek why i’m saying this i just needed to let it out ig, i have really bad anxiety and i haven’t even been feeling that anxious lately i’ve just been feeling nothing which is almost as bad
(Original post by Supremolga)i’ve been doing my alevels for about 6 months now and i’m realising that i really hate education, i always feel like i’m not good enough and i feel so pressured to do well all of the time, i’ve been feeling “happier” than usual lately as well and it’s still really hard to deal with sometimes, i’m back to using unhealthy coping mechanisms which doesn’t exactly help either and i just feel really overwhelmed, my favourite teacher who i always go to when i feel **** is leaving in July and i’m becoming distant from a lot of my friends who moved schools last September. i’m really sorry idek why i’m saying this i just needed to let it out ig, i have really bad anxiety and i haven’t even been feeling that anxious lately i’ve just been feeling nothing which is almost as bad

I totally understand how you are feeling. I would really advise you not to give up. Do your a levels for you, I know it feels like a long time but it goes so quickly. The A-Levels may not directly help you in the future, but it will ensure that you will never be in a position where you are limited or not able to do what you want to. In my opinion, A-Levels really don't help depression and anxiety but are a catalyst for it, but I promise you it will be worth it. You have already dedicated six months, just stick with it. Try and find healthy coping mechanisms, do whatever you can, as long as you try. A-Levels also are definiately not the be all and end all. You will still get into uni through clearing even if you do badly in the exam,other options are available such as degree apprenticeships - I just hope this acts as a bit of relief, so you can put less pressure on your A-Levels knowing you have a number of options afterwards
Original post by pips1242
(Original post by Supremolga)i’ve been doing my alevels for about 6 months now and i’m realising that i really hate education, i always feel like i’m not good enough and i feel so pressured to do well all of the time, i’ve been feeling “happier” than usual lately as well and it’s still really hard to deal with sometimes, i’m back to using unhealthy coping mechanisms which doesn’t exactly help either and i just feel really overwhelmed, my favourite teacher who i always go to when i feel **** is leaving in July and i’m becoming distant from a lot of my friends who moved schools last September. i’m really sorry idek why i’m saying this i just needed to let it out ig, i have really bad anxiety and i haven’t even been feeling that anxious lately i’ve just been feeling nothing which is almost as bad

I totally understand how you are feeling. I would really advise you not to give up. Do your a levels for you, I know it feels like a long time but it goes so quickly. The A-Levels may not directly help you in the future, but it will ensure that you will never be in a position where you are limited or not able to do what you want to. In my opinion, A-Levels really don't help depression and anxiety but are a catalyst for it, but I promise you it will be worth it. You have already dedicated six months, just stick with it. Try and find healthy coping mechanisms, do whatever you can, as long as you try. A-Levels also are definiately not the be all and end all. You will still get into uni through clearing even if you do badly in the exam,other options are available such as degree apprenticeships - I just hope this acts as a bit of relief, so you can put less pressure on your A-Levels knowing you have a number of options afterwards

thank you so much < 3
Original post by Supremolga
thank you so much < 3

No worries, you're going to do amazing, everything will be okay in the end <3

Quick Reply

Latest