The Student Room Group

Advice - Interview

I had an interview a few days ago and I feel like it went really badly because of me. I don’t Know why but I randomly teared up and couldn’t stop the tears from forming in my eyes…. I didnt actually cry and the interviewer didn’t say anything to make me upset so I don’t know why I did that. It’s not even an important job?? Just a part-time job I wanted. It was my first interview but I have found I randomly tear up whenever someone is having a 1:1 convo with me.The person interviewing me didn’t mention it but they did say that I looked super nervous. I thought I was hiding that well but apparently not. They also almost did an eye roll when I started the typical spiel when answering questions “I am friendly etc” that kind of thing. I did do some practice beforehand and thought I would’ve nailed it but when it got to it I did not talk as much as I wanted to or seem as confident as I wanted to..Safe to assume I didn’t get the job but any tips for next time?? I thought my answers were good but I cut myself off when they looked bored even though I wasn’t talking for long at all.I also feel like there’s something wrong with me but I don’t know what because I know literally almost crying just talking to someone isn’t normal. Also everyone keeps asking how it went and I really don’t know what to say because I cry whenever someone asks and I don’t know why.
Maybe pretend in ur mind that ur taking to someone u know like a close friend and see how that goes, I think u get nervous around new people?
Bless i can imagine that must have felt awkward. I imagine it could be anxiety of the interview situation and sometimes you just tear up when you feel overwhelmed etc..

Best thing to do is move on from it.

Quick Reply

Latest